Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL Help

Reviews Summary for EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL
EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL Reviews: 63 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $74
Description: EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL is a add-on controller for azimuth-rotors. It supports the control of various rotors by a standard RS232-interface. It might be installed directly into the rotor-controllers housing or in an external housing.
More info: http://schmidt-alba.de

You can write your own review of the EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL.

DL2NED Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2018 15:15 Send this review to a friend
excellent device  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the ERC-MINI SDX for my 25 years old Yaesu G-1000SDX short before xmas.
It took 20 minutes to install the ready to use board and 10 minutes for calibration according the excellent manual.
I have attached the rotor interface to my HDR Software.
Very easy and very quick installation. The manual is very excellent and easy to read.

KF4FC Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2017 10:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent-Great Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
In the 80's I had a satellite setup in our old house. Since we moved I have retired and wanted to setup a new satellite station and chose the ERC-M to control my Yaesu G-5500 for my M2 2 meter and 70 cm antennas. The kit went together without a hitch (and this was the first kit I had built in a while). I have had occasion to contact Rene on at least three occasions for support. He ALWAYS answers his emails for support within 24 hours and on this most recent event we used Skype and Teamviewer and he was able to load a new driver for me within a few minutes. I should add that NONE of the needed support events were due to his product. Two were during my change of computer and operating system and the last was an issue that arose after installing a Flex Radio. I have never had such excellent support for a product. I do not think one could go wrong purchasing one of his products.

PY7RP Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2017 13:00 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I own an ERC-M dual axis rotor control by DF9GR. I use it to remote control my 2 x Hy-Gain T2X over the internet. I bought it in kit form with ethernet port support. I am not good in eletronics but i could myself assemble the kit without any problems. The documentation is very detailed and once you read it carefully you wont be disapointed after the assembly. It worked at first, no headaches. I really recommend. Rene, DF9GR also maintain a fabulous customer support and even offered remote access support to my PC in case of any configuration issue.

W1AJT Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2017 05:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Functionality & Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Yaesu G-800SA controller became non-linear; 330 degrees was 330 degrees but 50 degrees showed as 0 degrees and full clockwise rotation showed as 90 degrees on the controller but the antenna was at 270 degrees. I tried to buy a used controller but was getting prices from $250 to $350 when a new complete G-800DXA was $480. The factory cannot fix these controllers and although I have someone that can fix it, it would have been a tedious process.
I saw eHam reviews of the ERC controller boards. Rene at ERC assured me the board would get me back to accurate pointing besides the benefits of SW control. I bought the assembled USB version and couldn't be happier. The build quality is excellent and the accessories shipped with it have everything needed. For my case it was six wires that had to be integrated into the Yaesu controller. The ERC worked immediately and after the extended calibration just works great. I used the ERC control utility and N1MM rotor - both function perfectly with no effort there are many more SW packages the work also. If you have a flakey controller that can still turn the antenna or want a SW interface this is the best possible solution. Thanks for a great solution at a reasonable price Rene.

AB9YC Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2017 10:57 Send this review to a friend
Great addition to my rotor controller  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is great addition to my rotor controller. I bought the USB kit version and enjoyed the assembly. This is _not_ a kit for a first time builder. There is no solder mask on the PCB, and there are no part by part installation steps. But there are excellent pictures to aid in positioning, and with the small number of parts it was a fun assembly project.

Putting it into my G450A controller was a bit of a challenge. I only removed the outer cover and with patience shoe-horned the board into the housing and made the connections. It might have been easier with a more extensive disassembly of the controller housing.

It works great, and as advertised. It works with several programs on both Linux and Windows. A great addition to my station.

W2DFC Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2017 13:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Add On For A Rotor  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great tool,Works good with all the programs i use so far,Had an issue which was quickly resolved with a teamviewer session and was a pc problem not a ERC problem,I have the newer USB powered board and the instructions were not very clear as to what wires went where,The instructions for my particular board did not say much but it is wired the same as the older board with exception this one does not use the seperate power jack,Would have been nice to just state that somewhere but all is good so far.

K1IIG Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2017 07:49 Send this review to a friend
Works Great with GOOD Suport  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased one of these and was so impressed with it I bought 2 more for my other rotors. The designer, Rene was Extremely helpful with quick response using Teamviwer and set all 3 up in minutes. This product also works perfect with the PST software. I would suggest this for remote operation as I am doing OR for home station allowing quick access to beam headings.
Steve
K1IIG

KB0GLN Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2017 04:55 Send this review to a friend
Easy build/ Great product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased the erc-usb kit for my hygain ham2 rotator. Assembly was straight forward. I use the hrd suite of programs. has been faultless in operation. software calculations and stored beam headings have made operations EASY for hf, vhf and uhf. correct headings are a mouse click away. Much better than the 2 finger on controller. Two thumbs up from here..

DL6CNG Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2017 09:49 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought ERC-Mini to connect Logger 32 and my rotor YAESU G-2800DXC. In installed programs Rotor-Control and ERC-Mini Service Tool. My old machine (XP) can`t find a driver programm on the delivered CD. I wrote a E-Mail to erc@schmidt-alba.de and, on the same day, I have got a telephonecall from Rene (DF9GR) and he installed this XP-driveprogram on my computer. We used TeamViewer. Now it is all okay.
The hardware make a good job.
The service is wonderful. Thanks.
73 Dietrich, DL6CNG

M0NIB Rating: 3/5 Feb 6, 2017 06:04 Send this review to a friend
Great product but support not good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently bought this kit for my Yaesu G-450 and was very pleased with the quality of the kit, the clarity of instructions and easy of build. The only issue was that it didn't work! I diagnosed the issue as a problem with the micro-controller and contacted the manufacturer but, after a few emails, was asked to post it to him in Germany. A few days later, I received an email from him confirming that the micro-controller was faulty and had been replaced, the board was being returned to me and asking that I pay the postage for it's return.

The unit works well, but I have had to pay almost half the cost of it again in postage to fix a component which costs next to nothing, which is very disappointing.