Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL Help

Reviews Summary for EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL
EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL Reviews: 52 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $74
Description: EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL is a add-on controller for azimuth-rotors. It supports the control of various rotors by a standard RS232-interface. It might be installed directly into the rotor-controllers housing or in an external housing.
More info: http://schmidt-alba.de

You can write your own review of the EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL.

W2IRT Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2016 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Works well, but tricky to install.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
While I'm giving this controller top marks for functionality, please be aware that installation is non trivial for those without some machine shop or building experience. I installed this in my Yaesu G-450A control box and it took about 10 hours from start to finish. Most of that time was spent trying to measure everything exactly right and drill holes in the correct places then filing out the USB connector hole. The template provided on the CD is not really sufficient for installation if you're not used to metal working, which I admittedly am not.

What would be preferable would be a specific template for each model of rotor control box; something you tape to the bottom and back of the box and mark or drill through. The provided template merely shows the dimensions of the board itself. To complicate matters, the template is in millimeters, with no corresponding SAE measurements for those of us in the United States. I don't own any metric tools or rulers so a trip to the hardware store was required. And good luck finding metric drill bits *anywhere* in the U.S. short of a machinist supply house. As I said, if you're experienced in building this should be trivial. If you're not, then it's not.

Even after the holes were drilled/cut, the matter of connecting it to existing pre-cut wiring inside the box was a little tricky and requires excellent solder skills and a steady hand. I'm not comfortable building things any more thanks to bad eyes and shaky hands and I prefer pre-made solutions. But for $125 and a day's labour, it sure beat buying another $650 Green Heron for use on my 6m antenna.

Once installed and connected it worked pretty well on the first go, but since this rotor has an overlap feature, one must use the extended calibration procedure to get accurate readings. I tried basic calibration several times without success before trying the extended, which worked right away. Also I couldn't find any information on the CD for the offset settings in the Service Tool software.

All in all, with just a few days of use, it appears to work as advertised. If I could dock it half a star I would, for the installation headaches.

VE3FYN Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2016 18:59 Send this review to a friend
Every shack should have one.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just finished building and installing the ERC USB v.4.0 kit for my Yaesu G-800SA rotator. The components are high-quality, and the kit instructions are well done. It took a couple hours to assemble. The manual contains connection diagrams for every rotator imaginable. While it takes a bit of creativity to attach it to the controller and wire it, we are hams after all. The USB worked without a hitch, and the calibration tool is easy to use, with step-by-step instructions. This is a quality piece of equipment, and a great addition to the shack.

W7GVW Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2016 14:48 Send this review to a friend
ERC should be in your shack  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The ERC is a great controller and you wonít find better tech support anywhere. I had a problem with the set up and it wasnít the ERC, it was my computer. Rene made it work and made it work on my computer, not an easy task.
He stayed on line until it was all hooked up and worked 100% and even made sure it worked in HRD.
If you are looking for a Rotor Controller, check out ERC, I donít think you can go wrong.
All I can say is thank you so much Rene and ERC.
Steve w7gvw

K4ROX Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2016 08:17 Send this review to a friend
Nice  Time owned: months
I will throw my vote in for this. Even when assembled by older eyes and hands it worked perfectly. Calibration and interface easy to a Yaesu G-450A and HRD. Took a couple of weeks to arrive as USPS bounced it around the country. Responds very quickly to questions. Once again hands free rotor control.

N8DC Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2015 06:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the ERC M from Rene about a month ago . I have an earlier unit that I purchased from a local Ham off of QTH.com and it worked so well I decided to add one to my other tower. The kit came fast . I assembled all the components on the board and mounted it in my rotor control box only to find it only moved the rotor in one direction :( . I contacted Rene and we finally had a couple phone conversations and we decided it would be best for me to send it back so he could check it out. Of course in sending it back I screwed up the customs form but he received it today and sent me an email telling me it finally arrived and he would look at it this weekend (its Saturday OCT 31 2015 ) and let me know the outcome. 15 minutes later I get another Email telling me its all fixed and he is sending it out Monday !. He did tell me early on that the repair service was free and I did offer to pay if needed. It seems one of the relays didn't want to fully work so the rotation in one direction only . Thanks Rene . I highly recommend if your looking for rotor control from your PC then this is the ticket. I cant give it anything but a 5 :)
de Dave N8DC

NA6AF Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2015 05:45 Send this review to a friend
Easy to Install  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My easy rotor ERC-Mini interfaces perfectly with Ham Radio Deluxe rotator program and my Yaesu DXA 800 rotor. Easy to install.
I tried other rotor interfaces but this one works from the start and consistently. No wiring involved or jumpers, etc. Just connect and go.

N3CAL Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2015 19:41 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered online and received within one week. Quality of kit components are top notch. Instructions are very easy to follow and there were no issues during assembly. Installed into YAESU G-450A rotor control box using the USB option. Calibration was easy to perform using software provided on CD with kit. Works flawlessly with Ham Radio Deluxe and HRD Logbook. It's a great addition to your shack.

K2RWF Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2015 08:39 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Kit was ordered from Germany, and arrived at my NJ QTH within 6 days. Assembly instructions were very throughout and easy to follow. Rene's support for a few minor issues was prompt and above expectations.

I use this with a $10 RadioShack VAC transformer inside a project box, a $30 RadioShack rotator, modified with a Bourns pot and gear, and the PSTRotator software, and for about $200 all in I have a fully automated rotator set up for my hex beam, which I can control anywhere in the world via the internet. It has now been in service and working with no issues for about 5 weeks now.

Tremendous value, great customer service, and a fun and easy kit build. Would highly recommend.

CT1BXX Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2015 14:23 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Excellent device for station.
I have Prosistel Rotor and it works really very well.
Software is PstRotator logbook Log4OM, it works so well that I have doubts suggesting this kit.
My thanks to his creator.
73 Manuel Fernando

PA3N Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2015 03:43 Send this review to a friend
Great Kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've ordered the ERC-M USB kit including the Slimline case and 6-pin Mini-DIN-connector cable.
The kit was delivered within 1 week.
All component were present and the documentation was very clear(on CD).
Within one evening the kit and cable was soldered.
Put the power on and connected the USB and it was working.(in my case there was no need to install any driver(windows 7 64bits))
Plugged in my rotor (Yaesu G-1000DXC)and started the calibration software.
This was also very easy. A nice step by step explanation how to calibrate.
Stared the control software --> it just works fine.
Setup my software programs (DxLab Suite and N1MM logger) and without any problems it works just fine and easy.

If you are looking for good rotor control: THIS IS IT.