Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL Help

Reviews Summary for EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL
EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL Reviews: 37 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $74
Description: EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL is a add-on controller for azimuth-rotors. It supports the control of various rotors by a standard RS232-interface. It might be installed directly into the rotor-controllers housing or in an external housing.
More info: http://schmidt-alba.de

You can write your own review of the EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL.

K2QB Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2014 08:29 Send this review to a friend
Superb!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently ordered and installed the ERC-M RS232 kit version to my new Yaesu G1000-DXA rotor. First the quality of the board, parts and enclosure are superb. Should have come to expect that from a German outfit based on the quality of my Optibeam. The kit went together easily with the straight forward and well documented instructions. Testing and calibration were a breeze, and the unit interfaced with my Logger32 and N1MM programs with no problems. The couple of emails I sent to Rene regarding any questions I had were answered quickly and provided me with the information I needed. This may be one of the best if not the best accessory I have added to my shack in a long time. Clicking on a DX spot and seeing the rotor fire up and turn to the correct heading is fantastic! I am sure I will be enjoying this unit for a long time. Thanks Rene for a superb product!

K7FEL Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2014 06:53 Send this review to a friend
Works Like a Charm  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently installed an ERC USB V4.0 in my Yaesu G450A rotor control box. It works flawlessly. The Yaesu switches still work if needed but the computer interface is excellent. The ERC is incredibly flexible and works with MANY different rotors and logging programs.
Quality is great and company support couldn't be better. The kit took about two weeks to arrive from Germany. Assembly instructions were easy to follow. Great product! Thanks Rene.

VE2DDZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2014 15:11 Send this review to a friend
Excellent and very flexible  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have an ERC (kit built) controlling an Az-El set up of two light duty 12v rotators. I have had zero problems with the ERC. It has handled everything I have thrown at it and I know that with all the configuration possibilities that as my set up changes and evolves I will still be able to use the ERC.

OR5A Rating: 4/5 Jun 10, 2014 09:21 Send this review to a friend
Product is top notch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the ERC-M (for 2 rotators) in RS-232 version with latest v3.6 firmware loaded. I did not ordered the kit but the preasembled SMD version.
First the positive items:

* Very nice hardware, nice build quality.
* Extensive support for rotators.
* Fantastic calibration tool with extended cal.
* Supports brake/speed control.
* Easy to configure.
* Affordable. Good price/value for money.
* Good support from seller.
* Clear info on kit building or soldering wires.
* Stand-alone, remote, multiple devices all supported.
* Simple or extended housing with display.

The hardware is simply said fantastic. I love the extended calibration, parameters for rotor setup and I love the idea to have the hardware working trough RS232, USB or LAN. A lot of setups can be made.

The only complaint I have is the simple housing is pre drilled with all the holes for all connections. So if like me you only want RS232, you have two big gaps for LAN and USB connectors that are not present. Dust can enter the enclosure. I would have found it nicer to have a choice between housings compatible with the model you choose.

Next I would advise the seller to look for other companies to deliver the orders. Working by post office is old school and I my case almost took 3 weeks to get my order at in my mailbox. Paying the same price for shipping I would prefer a real company that ships orders all over EU in 2 or max. 3 days. Just my two cents. Apart from those small things it is a great controller. If shipping would be better and enclosure would have been without gaps, I would rate 5, now 4 is more accurate.

W2UP Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2014 18:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
High quality board, went together easily and works like a charm. Very quick response to emails and quick shipping.

N4ZR Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2014 04:49 Send this review to a friend
unparalleled support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the dual-axis ERC-M in order to control two rotators from one piece of hardware. The ERC-M is very well thought out, and supports virtually any rotator, though most will require a separate rotor card, also offered by ERC. Documentation is very complete and clear, and e-mail support is quick and helpful. Calibration is quick and accurate, and a special mode is supported for rotators with non-linear direction potentiometers.

I easily got the ERC-M going with two rotors (one requiring a rotor card). To interface with N1MM Logger requires PSTRotatorAZ, another excellent product. This results from a limitation of N1MMRotor, which requires one COM port per rotator, while the ERC-M uses a single COM port. I think the latter is highly desirable, particularly for laptop users.

In summary, DF9GR provides a model of how amateur equipment should be made, documented, and supported.

KA1ILH Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2014 12:15 Send this review to a friend
Best add-on  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have an old CDE control box and ham VI rotor. This addon controller moved it right up into the digital age! Interface with HRD as a Yaesu rotor control - typical baud rate - and click it points the antenna right to the DX!
I bought it as a kit - took a couple of hours to put together and a few more hours to drill and mount into the control box. Nice neat package now - you wouldn't know it was in the control box except for two holes and plugs sticking out.
High quality parts and expert support. They get right back to you even before you buy their product!

W7OLY Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2013 08:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Product - Great Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought the ERC-M with USB and the Desktop Control Kit. After a couple of self induced building errors and one calibration issue (also self induced) the ERC is up and running on both the DXLab Suite and N1MM. It's wonderful and easy to use.

The product is great - but the customer service provided by Rene is even better. His expertise and patience made a difficult trouble shooting session almost painless. Well, for me anyway, maybe not so much for him. He was there for every question and didn't stop until everything was perfect.

N8XI Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2013 05:15 Send this review to a friend
FUN!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Rene helped me almost every step of the way.

I wanted to mount the ERC in a separate box.
He suggested NOT using a DB-9 connector and 20 gauge wire.
Therefore, I ran a 18 inch section of my rotor cable (2-16ga and 6-18ga)
directly between my ERC enclosure (aluminum RS Box) and the Hy-Gain Ham IV.

I thought I was having a problem with the factory installed RBD-5 (Rotor Brake Delay).
Rene dispelled that notion!

It works GREAT with his ERC Control program provided on a CD.
The CD also contains a PDF Folder with:
1) Spec's
2) Instructions which include Parts List, Board Layouts, Pictorials, Theory of Operation, Schematics, etc.
It's not Heathkit, but it's darn close :)
3) Installation Guide which shows every conceivable rotor available and colored connection points from the ERC.

Also works very well with N1MM Contest Program and the DXLabs DXView program.

I am very pleased with the design, programming and outcome of how compatible it is with my HAM IV Controller.

It was a pleasure (and FUN!) soldering the components to the PCB...

Even more fun watching the rotor turn without having to push the paddle switches on the control box.

I am going to have to stop doing that...If I keep it up I may wear out my rotor... ;)

73, Rick - N8XI

K3QF Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2013 16:29 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted to remote my station and how to turn my old HD-73 Rotator was the most difficult part. The ERC-M was just the solution. I ordered this and it arrived very quickly. After an hour I had it up and going. Image, I can turn that old rotator from across the room or world. I did need to install the relay box in the HD-73 control head but that was very easy and installed with just a few connections. I highly recommend it!