Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL Help

Reviews Summary for EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL
EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL Reviews: 59 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $74
Description: EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL is a add-on controller for azimuth-rotors. It supports the control of various rotors by a standard RS232-interface. It might be installed directly into the rotor-controllers housing or in an external housing.
More info: http://schmidt-alba.de

You can write your own review of the EASY-ROTOR-CONTROL.

AB9YC Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2017 10:57 Send this review to a friend
Great addition to my rotor controller  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is great addition to my rotor controller. I bought the USB kit version and enjoyed the assembly. This is _not_ a kit for a first time builder. There is no solder mask on the PCB, and there are no part by part installation steps. But there are excellent pictures to aid in positioning, and with the small number of parts it was a fun assembly project.

Putting it into my G450A controller was a bit of a challenge. I only removed the outer cover and with patience shoe-horned the board into the housing and made the connections. It might have been easier with a more extensive disassembly of the controller housing.

It works great, and as advertised. It works with several programs on both Linux and Windows. A great addition to my station.

W2DFC Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2017 13:53 Send this review to a friend
Great Add On For A Rotor  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great tool,Works good with all the programs i use so far,Had an issue which was quickly resolved with a teamviewer session and was a pc problem not a ERC problem,I have the newer USB powered board and the instructions were not very clear as to what wires went where,The instructions for my particular board did not say much but it is wired the same as the older board with exception this one does not use the seperate power jack,Would have been nice to just state that somewhere but all is good so far.

K1IIG Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2017 07:49 Send this review to a friend
Works Great with GOOD Suport  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased one of these and was so impressed with it I bought 2 more for my other rotors. The designer, Rene was Extremely helpful with quick response using Teamviwer and set all 3 up in minutes. This product also works perfect with the PST software. I would suggest this for remote operation as I am doing OR for home station allowing quick access to beam headings.
Steve
K1IIG

KB0GLN Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2017 04:55 Send this review to a friend
Easy build/ Great product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased the erc-usb kit for my hygain ham2 rotator. Assembly was straight forward. I use the hrd suite of programs. has been faultless in operation. software calculations and stored beam headings have made operations EASY for hf, vhf and uhf. correct headings are a mouse click away. Much better than the 2 finger on controller. Two thumbs up from here..

DL6CNG Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2017 09:49 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought ERC-Mini to connect Logger 32 and my rotor YAESU G-2800DXC. In installed programs Rotor-Control and ERC-Mini Service Tool. My old machine (XP) can`t find a driver programm on the delivered CD. I wrote a E-Mail to erc@schmidt-alba.de and, on the same day, I have got a telephonecall from Rene (DF9GR) and he installed this XP-driveprogram on my computer. We used TeamViewer. Now it is all okay.
The hardware make a good job.
The service is wonderful. Thanks.
73 Dietrich, DL6CNG

M0NIB Rating: 3/5 Feb 6, 2017 06:04 Send this review to a friend
Great product but support not good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently bought this kit for my Yaesu G-450 and was very pleased with the quality of the kit, the clarity of instructions and easy of build. The only issue was that it didn't work! I diagnosed the issue as a problem with the micro-controller and contacted the manufacturer but, after a few emails, was asked to post it to him in Germany. A few days later, I received an email from him confirming that the micro-controller was faulty and had been replaced, the board was being returned to me and asking that I pay the postage for it's return.

The unit works well, but I have had to pay almost half the cost of it again in postage to fix a component which costs next to nothing, which is very disappointing.

W5FCX Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2016 19:24 Send this review to a friend
Powerful, Flexible Remote Rotor Control  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed ERC into a Yaesu G-450A rotor controller box and after correcting a cold solder joint, it worked perfectly. I did contact Rene for Support and he was amazing. Not only did he point me in the proper direction to find my mistake, he then stuck with me on Skype and TeamViewer and helped me configure ERC and integrate it into Log4OM!

Great product, tremendous service. Highly-recommended.

One thing to be aware of up front, the board doesn't come with its own power supply and it's recommended to get a separate supply for ERC, so be sure to get a 12 VDC supply to go with the board. I picked this one up on Amazon for $15 and it worked perfectly and fit nicely into the Yaesu controller box:

MEAN WELL RS-25-12 AC to DC Power Supply Single Output 12V 2.1 Amp 25.2W

W2IRT Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2016 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Works well, but tricky to install.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
While I'm giving this controller top marks for functionality, please be aware that installation is non trivial for those without some machine shop or building experience. I installed this in my Yaesu G-450A control box and it took about 10 hours from start to finish. Most of that time was spent trying to measure everything exactly right and drill holes in the correct places then filing out the USB connector hole. The template provided on the CD is not really sufficient for installation if you're not used to metal working, which I admittedly am not.

What would be preferable would be a specific template for each model of rotor control box; something you tape to the bottom and back of the box and mark or drill through. The provided template merely shows the dimensions of the board itself. To complicate matters, the template is in millimeters, with no corresponding SAE measurements for those of us in the United States. I don't own any metric tools or rulers so a trip to the hardware store was required. And good luck finding metric drill bits *anywhere* in the U.S. short of a machinist supply house. As I said, if you're experienced in building this should be trivial. If you're not, then it's not.

Even after the holes were drilled/cut, the matter of connecting it to existing pre-cut wiring inside the box was a little tricky and requires excellent solder skills and a steady hand. I'm not comfortable building things any more thanks to bad eyes and shaky hands and I prefer pre-made solutions. But for $125 and a day's labour, it sure beat buying another $650 Green Heron for use on my 6m antenna.

Once installed and connected it worked pretty well on the first go, but since this rotor has an overlap feature, one must use the extended calibration procedure to get accurate readings. I tried basic calibration several times without success before trying the extended, which worked right away. Also I couldn't find any information on the CD for the offset settings in the Service Tool software.

All in all, with just a few days of use, it appears to work as advertised. If I could dock it half a star I would, for the installation headaches.

VE3FYN Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2016 18:59 Send this review to a friend
Every shack should have one.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just finished building and installing the ERC USB v.4.0 kit for my Yaesu G-800SA rotator. The components are high-quality, and the kit instructions are well done. It took a couple hours to assemble. The manual contains connection diagrams for every rotator imaginable. While it takes a bit of creativity to attach it to the controller and wire it, we are hams after all. The USB worked without a hitch, and the calibration tool is easy to use, with step-by-step instructions. This is a quality piece of equipment, and a great addition to the shack.

W7GVW Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2016 14:48 Send this review to a friend
ERC should be in your shack  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The ERC is a great controller and you wonít find better tech support anywhere. I had a problem with the set up and it wasnít the ERC, it was my computer. Rene made it work and made it work on my computer, not an easy task.
He stayed on line until it was all hooked up and worked 100% and even made sure it worked in HRD.
If you are looking for a Rotor Controller, check out ERC, I donít think you can go wrong.
All I can say is thank you so much Rene and ERC.
Steve w7gvw