Reviews Categories | Microphones | AKG C1000S Help

Reviews Summary for AKG C1000S
AKG C1000S Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $175
Description: MICROPHONES AKG C1000S
More info: http://www.akg.com

You can write your own review of the AKG C1000S.

VA3DAZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2010 16:09 Send this review to a friend
Really nice audio  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use an AKG C1000S, powered by the internal 9 volt battery, with my ICOM IC-736. With the radio’s MIC control set at 2 o’clock, it is very natural sounding and I get raves about my transmit audio. Although it can become very boomy (bassy) if you get too close to it, talking 2 inches from the element, this is one of the best sounding mics out there. It is not designed for amateur radio use, so wiring it to a talk switch and your MIC jack is required, but if you can get your hands on one of these, the extra effort is well worth it.

KE4ZHN Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2009 15:16 Send this review to a friend
Nice microphone  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have and occasionally use an AKG C1000S on my Icom 756Pro. Ive also used this microphone on a Kenwood TS450SAT and the Kenwood TS850SAT with great results. In all cases I used no outboard processing and no EQ and the TX audio was very smooth. My main microphone for the Pro is the Marshall MXL990 which is a real sweet condenser but my alternate is still the AKG. Sometimes I change off just for kicks and both of these mikes sound excellent on my rig. The only disadvantage is having to use 48v phantom power but the AKG has one neat feature of using a 9v battery if you have no phantom supply. It seems to work equally well powered by either. One thing I did notice on the AKG vs the Marshall is the AKG has a fairly heavy proximity effect at 200hz so this requires some bass cut in your menu to smooth it out or it may be too bassy on some rigs. On the Kenwoods this wasnt a problem because their fairly heavily rolled off at 200hz anyway. This of course is noted with my own voice so your mileage may vary.

IK3PQG Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2009 11:40 Send this review to a friend
Veramente ottimo  Time owned: more than 12 months
Akg c1000s in abbinamento ad un preamplificatore/processore fornisce un settaggio ambientale senza eguali per le nostre radio HF, a differenza dei microfoni di serie.