Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Blade Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Blade
Begali Blade Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $255
Description: High-performance straight key based on "Swedish Pump" design
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Blade.

K6ELQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2014 00:22 Send this review to a friend
Superb straight key!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I replaced my trusty J-38 with a Begali Camelback. Nothing wrong with it, very nice key, but I wanted something a little more robust and decided to try the Blade. The spring on the Camelback does not compare with the "spring" on the Blade. The Blade is slightly more massive than the Camelback and is as long as my Vibroplex Presentation bug. I've been using this key exclusively for over a year for all my SKCC activities including several 24-hour sprints. Never got tired using it; it's just a very comfortable straight key to use. Doesn't move around the desk, easy to adjust and looks great.

This is my sixth Begali, including four paddles and the aforementioned Camelback. As mentioned elsewhere the key comes extremely well packed and Bruna is a joy to deal with. This is a keeper for sure, unless Piero dreams up something better. I'm spoiled by Begali keys and now seriously eyeing the Intrepid.

73 de K6ELQ Tony
SKCC 10250S

K2ROC Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2013 11:52 Send this review to a friend
Holy smokes!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my new Blade key today. It was so well packed that I thought I might have to use my table saw to get to it. What a stunning piece of craftsmanship! Right out of the box it works flawlessly, and makes sending almost automatic. Very, very pleased!

W8FB Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2013 15:22 Send this review to a friend
Nice key  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very nice key, but I still keep going back to my Baumuster T2 (Lorenz key). The old German military keys just have a feel that I like

W2TAC Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2012 12:33 Send this review to a friend
A True Work of Art!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have one rig -- an Elecraft KX3 -- but three keys: a Vibroplex bug I purchased in 1974, the Begali Sculpture paddle and the Begali Blade straight key. I'm a happy ham!

After owning the Begali Sculpture paddle for one month, I knew I had to order the Begali Blade for straight key events. They complement each other nicely on my desk -- the gorgeous stainless steel Sculpture and stunning gold-plated Blade. Unbelievable workmanship with flair to boot!!

You'll hear it over and over in the Begali reviews -- the Begali family customer service is unsurpassed. Multiple, courteous and friendly e-mails from Bruna from order through delivery; the packaging/"out-of-the-box" experience is exceptional.

My advice: splurge.... you will not be disappointed.

Bob
W2TAC

K3GC Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2012 10:58 Send this review to a friend
Perfect !!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I really wondered if a simple straight key could be that much better than all the rest and purchased my Begali Blade mostly due to its beauty. This is my third Begali so I knew it was going to be good but oh my, my expectations were exceeded yet again.
It is simply the very best that there is and Begali service sets new standards with each experience - Bruna, you are the best.
A few reviews back the reviewer stated that the Bagali Blade could not be adjusted so that it would respond to blowing on the finger guard. I question whether that person ever used a Blade. It took me only a few minutes to adjust my Blade to send with a breath. So much for that allegation.
I was a bit surprised to find that I had to wire the cable which I have not had to do with my other Begalis. No biggy - if a ham cant make a couple of solder connections shame on him.

DK6NK Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2012 09:26 Send this review to a friend
Dream-Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am a proud owner of the Begali-Blade straight CW-key. I have been licensed as a amateur radio operator since 1968 and worked strictly CW for about 35 years. For about 12 years I taught Morse-Code in Nuremberg schools, getting interested persons ready for the licensing test.
I always used very fine professional straight keys but I believe the "Blade" is the "Stradivari" under the straight keys. It is perfect, especially in the mechanical design, construction and weight which is a guaranty for not sliding around, no matter what the underground is. The blade with the Swedish-Pump lever works faster and is more relaxing then other hand-keyes during long QSOs. The German dealer, Armin, has the right logo in the internet, "Dreampaddies", a fitting name. Armin seems very competent, fair and friendly. The Blade looks very good and works excellent.

KF7BYU Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2012 17:49 Send this review to a friend
Best key made today  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Perfect in every aspect. Flawless construction and design. You can send for hours without any fatigue. It replaces my Navy Flameproof and Bencher keys because it's actually better than either of them. A pump key with a better action than the Swedish Pump. Plus the Begali family is the most friendly and polite I've ever dealt with. In my opinion, it's better than the GHD keys which cost twice as much. Definitely the best straight key available today at any price.

WB2LQF Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2011 20:06 Send this review to a friend
A Most Comfortable and Sturdy Straight Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I did not purchase my Blade; it was a very thoughtful gift in return for a very small favor. But what a genuine surprise it has turned out to be! I originally passed on the Blade when I purchased my Begali "Spark". Honestly, they are very close to each other in terms of feel, range of adjustment, feedback. But the Blade has the edge over the Spark because of the long arm which seems to impart a more fluid movement and a greater comfort level during a long session. I previously owned another manufacturer's long lever key and it was not all it was cracked up to be -- primarily because it was too noisy and the adjustments were not refined. I sold it. The Begali Blade shares neither of these traits -- it is another top shelf product from the master key maker, Piero Begali. Straight keys are not for everyone. If you are of the age - or temperament - where you take pride in truly manual keying then you might well find the Begali Blade a very enjoyable experience.

WM6Q Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2011 15:32 Send this review to a friend
Fine instrument  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got mine this past weekend. An excellent addition to my shack. Beautiful in appearance and a very smooth feel

LA4AMA Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2010 10:02 Send this review to a friend
excellent !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
BLADE - NEW TOP MODEL FROM BEGALI!

Through the last years, Begali has sent a lot of excellent Morse keys and paddles out on the market. His last release is really the best I have tried during my more than 51 years as a ham.

The BLADE is inspired from the famous SWEDISH KEY, But here Begali has gone one step further. Take a look at www.i2rtf.com to get an idea of how it is built up.

I am the owner of one of the Swedish Keys, and therefor I have easy to compare the BLADE with it. No doubt: Blade is a faster and more relaxing key to operate! I have the feeling that the key tries to run away from me! It is really a fantastic feeling to operate straight key during long transmissions without being tired!

I am also the owner of other professional straight keys, and so far: Blade is the best and fastest key I ever have used. However: There is one little change that should been done to make the best even better:

The knob it self should have been given a little different form. The top of the knob should have been formed as more like the half of a ball. This would make it more relaxing to rest the index finger on, in the traditional three finger grip on the key. The knob would by such a change been a little higher, but that would only make it even better! The bottom of the knob should have been more of a plate to allow better space for the thumb and middle finger to rest on.

CONCLUSION:
If You are looking for a straight key better than the best You until now have tried, give the Begali BLADE a chance!

Knut J. Kaasa, LA8IG