Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Stealth Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Stealth
Begali Stealth Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $635
Description: Encapsulated high-performance iambic paddle
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Stealth.

AC6JA Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2012 10:15 Send this review to a friend
Unbelievable!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using a Bencher BY-1 for years. Never really thought much about upgrading my key or that there would be much difference with using another key. Then I started reading all the eHam.net reviews and came across the number of Begali owners who just loved their keys. I've never even heard of a Begali until then! I went on their website and started looking at all their keys. I couldn't make up my mind which key to get. At first I wanted to start with the Simplex but then I kept being drawn to the Stealth Limited Edition. I figured if I'm going to get a new key, I would get the best. Too bad that when I finally went to order one, all 59 of the Limited Editions had already been sold. So I ordered the regular Stealth instead and all I can say is it looks even better that the pictures show! I love the look of the key, the dark palladium finish, the smooth texture of the finish (not the crinkly cast appearance in the picture!), the angled lever arms, tapered metal finger pieces, small size and very heavy weight, and the incredibly smooth action of the key. I've since ordered the Sculpture too for my other rig, but the Stealth is my favorite! I also highly recommend buying a dynamometer to accurately adjust the paddle tensions (Ebay, $40 shipped!). I've got my eye on the Graciella too, but more so for the unique look of that key to add to my now-growing Begali key collection. I love my Stealth key and dealing with the Begali's has just been a great experience. Thank you for providing us with such incredible keys like these!

ZS6RJ Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2011 04:19 Send this review to a friend
Precise Perfection  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Coming off the back of using a Begali Signature for many thousands of happy QSO's over the last five years - I purchased a Begali Stealth.

The effortless sensitivity of this key (straight arms as opposed to the right-angled arms of the Signature) is breathtaking. You can cruise along at 40+ wpm during contests etc. for hours with minimal fatigue. Fit and finish, as always with a Begali, is perfect. I'm delighted! It's pointless trying to capture the physical pleasure of using a key like this in words. Purchase one - you'll see what I mean!

73, Roger, ZS6RJ

KD7RJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2010 05:28 Send this review to a friend
My Favorite Paddle Period  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a Stealth in Dayton 09 and this was my first Begali paddle and had been using Bencher and Kent Paddles. There is no comparison. Begali paddles are such an improvement and the Stealth in particular is such a pleasure to use I will be using Begali paddles as long as I use CW. I also purchased a Sculpture about six months ago but to me it is not as smooth. I sold the Sculpture about a month ago and purchased my second Stealth from Bruna a week ago. So since I have two, you get the picture.

I had been using a AEA MM3 keyer for over twenty years but was introduced to the Begali CW machine at Dayton 09. i now have two of these and posted a review of it on Eham. A Stealth and a CW Machine combination has brought me to CW heaven!

SM5HUA Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2010 14:45 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got my Stealth a week ago and must say it is truly a wonderful key to use! So accurate, perfect in every sense. Expensive yes - but worth every dime.

Nothing more to say really. If you want the best key there is, go for the Stealth. Only drawback is you can't blame the paddle anymore :)

73s de Peter SM5HUA

W0FK Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2010 08:29 Send this review to a friend
The Stradivarius of Paddles  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I’ve owned a number of Piero’s fine paddles over the past few years, and had settled on the Sculpture as my paddle of choice. With over 60 reviews on eHam, the consensus is that it is one of the finest paddles available.

At the 2009 Hamvention, I had the privilege of purchasing I2RTF’s latest work of design and machining art, a Stealth iambic paddle, s/n 3, directly from Piero and Bruna. The Stealth has a small footprint, but a massive presence. Weighing in at 3 pounds, 7.25 ounces, it’s a solid block of dark palladium colored metal, machined so that the keying components integrate inside the shroud. The female plug is also machined into the base, and there is a base plate hiding all internal wiring. Piero touts the paddle as resembling a Stealth fighter, and I agree with the analogy. Once the paddle is set in place, it doesn’t budge unless you forcefully push it.

The paddle comes with two sets of short finger pieces shaped the same as the Sculpture’s, so that your hand tucks into the paddle closely when in use. One set is made of carbon fiber, the other of a black anodized matt finished aluminum (which I prefer). The aluminum set is thicker at the top and angles from a machined ridge to become narrower at the base. The levers themselves are slightly V-shaped as well, such that the finger pieces taper from top to bottom angled inward, giving a unique ergonomic keying surface for your fingers. Like all other Begali paddles, the settings can be adjusted with micro precision, with no movement over time. I haven’t touched the settings since first use in April.

I don’t know how Piero manages to do it every time he develops a new high end paddle, but he has exceeded the phenomenal feel of all of his other fine paddles with the Stealth. Using the Stealth is effortless. The paddle becomes an extension of your fingers, solid with a light yet controlled feel. The amount of force required to engage the paddle is minimal, and the levers snap seemingly instantly back to their resting positions ready for the next engagement. The paddle is so responsive, with no frictional or mechanical “push-back” that inhibits your ability to control it. I have been able to send with greater accuracy at speeds faster than any other paddle I have ever used, including the Begali Sculpture and Graciella, the Schurr Profi, Alberto Frattini (I1QOD) Iambic Professional Deluxe, and several other fine CW paddles.

Its high tech aesthetics and design, coupled with its precision feel and construction, has, in my opinion, elevated the Stealth to the pinnacle. It is not simply a paddle, it’s a fine instrument upon which to play the music of CW.