Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Pearl Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Pearl
Begali Pearl Reviews: 19 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $350
Description: Iambic paddle with magnetic adjustments and gold/palladium/nickel plating
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Pearl.

2E0YAR Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2013 00:33 Send this review to a friend
Perfect,,,,,just perfect!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What more can I say?

I ordered my key and within 2 weeks it was sitting on my bench looking beautiful. The whole process was very quick and very easy.

Bruna Begali made me feel like I was the only person in the world that mattered!

The key is flawless, works extremely well, does not move around on the bench and makes me smile each time I look at and use it.

In short....it's a keeper!!!

73 de Frank.

KF7Z Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2013 13:01 Send this review to a friend
What A Beauty  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After using a Bencher chrome paddle for years, I ordered the Begali Pearl. Everything others have written about the great customer service ethic of the Begali family matches my experience. The paddle arrived, by DHL Express, just 12 days after placing my order. The total charged to my credit card, at today's exchange rate, was $368 including express shipping. Packaging was carefully executed.

I opted for the Palladium and Gold model, with the metallic red paddles. The color scheme is fantastic, and I am very pleased with that choice.

Now, as far as mechanical quality, I had always thought that the Bencher paddle was well crafted; but the Begali Pearl stands head and shoulders above. Superb! Superb! Superb! It drives like a dream. Contact points appear perfectly parallel face to face, with the perfect degree friction on the contact adjustment screws. No clunky set screws to lock down the contact posts, like the Bencher. No special allen wrench needed for adjustment. The magnetic return design feels transparent to me . . . I can't image how anyone can discern it from spring return . . . but it is easy to see how the magnetic return makes possible a more compact design along with perfectly consistent execution.

The Bencher paddle weighs in at 2.9 lbs. The Pearl weighs 3.6 lbs. The Pearl sits perfectly flat on the desktop, and seems to require about 50% more force to start it sliding over the desk top, which is a good thing.

I evaluate the Pearl as a simple and elegant design, perfectly executed. Sr. Begali seems to have taken full advantage of modern CNC machining methods, and metal finishing processes. As others have written, I imagine myself happily owning this paddle for the rest of my life, and passing it on to grandkids, who just might be touched by the beauty of "That thing that Grandpa used to talk in code on the radio."

I feel like I received amazing value for my money. I chose the Pearl model mostly because I liked the look of the elegant shape, along with the color scheme of palladium and gold finish with the red paddles. What a delight that the Pearl was a couple of hundred dollars lower in cost than some other Begali models.

IK6BAK Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2012 13:02 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the fortune to meet Mr. Piero Begali at various fairs and each time try all keys of his production.
I fell in love at the first touch of Pearl, and it still remains my favorite key.
Precise, perfectly balanced, responsive, any kind of bounce or redundancy, dry, even at high speed it does not miss a beat.
I used a dynamometer to adjust each paddle at 23 grams, the optimal weight for me.
Furthermore the round base allows my fingers to move freely on both sides without obstacles.

KK8ZZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2012 16:40 Send this review to a friend
Masterpiece  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my Platinum Pearl with red paddles a short time ago. Bruno truly builds masterpieces of engineering. The key itself is visually stunning, gold against platinum, and the key adjustment is simple and effective. The feel of the key while transmitting is silky smooth, something that attracted me to Begali keys in Dayton this past May, and has led me to the Pearl. It is an investment, not a purchase. Order one and you'll see.

K3GC Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2012 12:33 Send this review to a friend
More of the Same undiluted excellence  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my second Begali. I bought it for the best of technical reasons. It is beautiful - I think it is the most beautiful of all.

I feel repetitious in stating that the quality and workmanship is without peer.

My other Begali is a Stradivarius and I wont consider selling it - does that say enough?

So, which one is the better key - beauty notwithstanding. Man, this is tough. The Pearl is smooth as silk. The magnetic return can go so light that a breath of air will start it sending.
On the other hand the torsion bar of the Stradivarius provides friction free keying and it has the same magnetic return.

For me, it's a dead heat. A more sensitive, better, faster and more experienced ham than I may be able to discern a difference.

Meanwhile I will stay with the new love of my life though her beauty tends to distract from the job at hand - to wit, sending code. Fickle? Me? Nahhh
In summary - any Begali key is best in its class - hands down.
Expensive, but well worth it - hey, it's only money.

We really need to go higher than five in these reviews.

W6YDE Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2012 18:55 Send this review to a friend
What can I say?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I attened the 2012 Dayton Hamvention this year. I saw and wanted the Pearl on their website and decided to purchase it at Dayton.

What can I say... the service and attention from the Begail's was great. I had dinner one night at Dayton with the Begail's, and their friends. They are truly wonderful people.

With owning three other Begali paddles, I can only say that I think this this the best! The workmanship is far and above what is needed to conduct a CW contact. Truly a work of art!

F5TIL Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2012 14:27 Send this review to a friend
Very Happy !!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use this key for 6 months,It is a real pleasure to use this key.Very good product,very nice design.
Thank you Begali Family !!

N4FBW Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2012 22:01 Send this review to a friend
Gorgeous and smooth as silk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered my Begali Pearl after a few e-mails with Bruna and Piero. They were so great to deal with and even sent pictures of the keys that I was considering.

My Pearl arrived a mere ten days after ordering it. It was very well packed (double-boxed). Inside the box were quite a few blank QSL cards with Begali information on them. That was a nice touch!

I ordered the nickel plated Pearl, and it looks very nice on the bench. It is truly a work of art and the craftsmanship is something to behold.

Sending CW with the Pearl is a real pleasure. The keyer action is silky smooth and the Pearl stays put on the bench when sending. I do find that the Pearl likes to go fast, but I guess that's her Italian heritage :).

I highly recommend the Pearl. It is an amazing key. Piero and Bruna are great to work with and are really responsive to questions. I would not hesitate to buy another Begali key!

K0RU Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2011 10:26 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful Paddles  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own several different keys/paddles and I own a couple Begali keys/paddles. However, the Pearl Key is a beauty to operate with and enjoy. The appearance of the pearl is majestic and has the beauty of being hand created by a true craftman.

Many thanks for a wonderful Key.

73 - Rob
K0RU

A71CM Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2011 12:24 Send this review to a friend
Welcome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

Used a number of different brands of Morse keys ... and I've heard about keys Bigala .. In the time I went up at one of my friends in Qatar and has the same key and has been tested and compared to other keys ... nothing compares ... not in the key Bigala already submitted something wonderful wonderful ...
I decided that I have one of the keys .. and I have corresponded Moqaan by Ms. Bruna in Italy and has collaborated with me in all honesty, respect and punctuality.
We look for keys to be good and cheap at the same time ... we buy a cheap after-use feel it is bad to use and then we buy another key is cheap and we see also a bad use of our money goes, and so to no avail.
Key Bigala price may be suitable for some use, but after saying the money was not the loss compared to their performance and quality enjoyed by ..
The point I would like to mention the keys Bigala very, very easy calibration paddle compared to the other keys that take you to the time of surgery in a hospital ..
73 ed a71cm