Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Pearl Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Pearl
Begali Pearl Reviews: 25 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $350
Description: Iambic paddle with magnetic adjustments and gold/palladium/nickel plating

You can write your own review of the Begali Pearl.

K3GC Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2012 12:33 Send this review to a friend
More of the Same undiluted excellence  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my second Begali. I bought it for the best of technical reasons. It is beautiful - I think it is the most beautiful of all.

I feel repetitious in stating that the quality and workmanship is without peer.

My other Begali is a Stradivarius and I wont consider selling it - does that say enough?

So, which one is the better key - beauty notwithstanding. Man, this is tough. The Pearl is smooth as silk. The magnetic return can go so light that a breath of air will start it sending.
On the other hand the torsion bar of the Stradivarius provides friction free keying and it has the same magnetic return.

For me, it's a dead heat. A more sensitive, better, faster and more experienced ham than I may be able to discern a difference.

Meanwhile I will stay with the new love of my life though her beauty tends to distract from the job at hand - to wit, sending code. Fickle? Me? Nahhh
In summary - any Begali key is best in its class - hands down.
Expensive, but well worth it - hey, it's only money.

We really need to go higher than five in these reviews.
W6YDE Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2012 18:55 Send this review to a friend
What can I say?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I attened the 2012 Dayton Hamvention this year. I saw and wanted the Pearl on their website and decided to purchase it at Dayton.

What can I say... the service and attention from the Begail's was great. I had dinner one night at Dayton with the Begail's, and their friends. They are truly wonderful people.

With owning three other Begali paddles, I can only say that I think this this the best! The workmanship is far and above what is needed to conduct a CW contact. Truly a work of art!
F5TIL Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2012 14:27 Send this review to a friend
Very Happy !!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use this key for 6 months,It is a real pleasure to use this key.Very good product,very nice design.
Thank you Begali Family !!
N4FBW Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2012 22:01 Send this review to a friend
Gorgeous and smooth as silk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered my Begali Pearl after a few e-mails with Bruna and Piero. They were so great to deal with and even sent pictures of the keys that I was considering.

My Pearl arrived a mere ten days after ordering it. It was very well packed (double-boxed). Inside the box were quite a few blank QSL cards with Begali information on them. That was a nice touch!

I ordered the nickel plated Pearl, and it looks very nice on the bench. It is truly a work of art and the craftsmanship is something to behold.

Sending CW with the Pearl is a real pleasure. The keyer action is silky smooth and the Pearl stays put on the bench when sending. I do find that the Pearl likes to go fast, but I guess that's her Italian heritage :).

I highly recommend the Pearl. It is an amazing key. Piero and Bruna are great to work with and are really responsive to questions. I would not hesitate to buy another Begali key!
K0RU Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2011 10:26 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful Paddles  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own several different keys/paddles and I own a couple Begali keys/paddles. However, the Pearl Key is a beauty to operate with and enjoy. The appearance of the pearl is majestic and has the beauty of being hand created by a true craftman.

Many thanks for a wonderful Key.

73 - Rob
A71CM Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2011 12:24 Send this review to a friend
Welcome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

Used a number of different brands of Morse keys ... and I've heard about keys Bigala .. In the time I went up at one of my friends in Qatar and has the same key and has been tested and compared to other keys ... nothing compares ... not in the key Bigala already submitted something wonderful wonderful ...
I decided that I have one of the keys .. and I have corresponded Moqaan by Ms. Bruna in Italy and has collaborated with me in all honesty, respect and punctuality.
We look for keys to be good and cheap at the same time ... we buy a cheap after-use feel it is bad to use and then we buy another key is cheap and we see also a bad use of our money goes, and so to no avail.
Key Bigala price may be suitable for some use, but after saying the money was not the loss compared to their performance and quality enjoyed by ..
The point I would like to mention the keys Bigala very, very easy calibration paddle compared to the other keys that take you to the time of surgery in a hospital ..
73 ed a71cm
NP3K Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2010 08:22 Send this review to a friend
Best Key Ever  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have acquired the best Key ever, in my opinion. I started looking at the different Keys from Begali and ended deciding between the Signature and the Pearl. After a few emails with Bruna, I decided to go with the Pearl. They offered different options on the Pearl, all of them great. The way I wanted mine was not an option. I asked if it could be built for me as a special order, Bruna talked to her dad and he agreed. That is what I call customer service…GREAT
I received the key within 10days (from Italy to USA). First of all, the key was pack in a way that there was no way it could be damaged during shipping, it was incredibly pack. I then opened the box and there it was, just as I had asked…this key I a beauty, very elegant.
Never in my life have I used a key built with so much precision, it has a perfect feel, this a jewel, an amazing product.
The Begali products are definitely a work of art and precision.
Ok, so much for the key, let’s talk customer service. I asked so many questions and asked for more info and pictures, I thought Bruna was going to get mad at me.  She answered every question I had, sent me pictures and specs of the different keys I was looking at. Her emails were prompt, full of information and very professional. I felt very comfortable putting in my order in, Bruna kept me updated on the whole process.
To be honest, this has been the best customer service I have received in a long time.
Thank you Bruna and Piero.
KA2QWC Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2010 17:47 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME  Time owned: months
I will agree that they are a bit pricey but then again this is truly a situation of getting what you pay for.

I am the proud owner of S/N °86 and I have not yet found the words realistically articulate the experience of using a Begali.

Will it improve your fist? No, but it may make you want to work more CW and practice does make perfect (hi hi).

Will your ham friends envy you? Without a doubt.

Will the XYL and kids understand your obsession with a $380.00 chuck of polished steel? Doubtful.

Will you enjoy endless hours of pounding tireless CW? Absolutely.

WC3O Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2010 14:04 Send this review to a friend
10?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked up my Pearl at Dayton 2010. What can I say. She’s perfect. I got the nickel plated and red finger pieces version. VERY easy to look at. The short ratio on the levers gives her a perfect feel. My wife is starting to get jealous. I tell people I picked up a nickel plated Pearl, they ask me what caliber? hihi Everything else I can say about this key, and all of Begali keys has been said over and over. It is a far better key than I am an op. Thank you Piero and Bruna!
W2BFE Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2009 05:02 Send this review to a friend
A True Gem  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My first and only paddle-keyer has been a Ten-Tec KR-20 purchased in the 1960s. Other than that, I have always enjoyed using various straight keys from my small collection. For years I had looked for a Swedish Pump Key, but could not find one. So I recently purchased a Begali BLADE, a key based on the pump key design.. One of the ads I saw for it stated that it would no doubt replace whatever my favorite key of the moment was. A challenging statement. Like many others of my generation, I started out with a J-38. Then other keys came along. A number of years ago I acquired a Wehrmacht issue Junker. That became my favorite key until the BLADE arrived. But now the PEARL has changed everything. Others have commented on its graceful and beautiful design and craftsmanship. This is true. Others have also written about the ease of use and the pleasure of using what is more than a CW tool and is without doubt a fine CW instrument. Having been a CW fan for more than 60 years, I can say that operating CW now has taken on a new dimension. It should be added that the PEARL is being used with the Begali CW Machine. It is hard to imagine a better combination for CW fans. I still love my BLADE, because straight-key operation is still a pleasure, and the Junker is also hooked up. But the features of the CW Machine, along with the pleasure of using the PEARL, have convinced me that it is possible to learn something new and that there are rewards for doing so. I had not always thought so. But now I do. It is a new experience and I recommend it.