Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | W7FG 600-Ohm Open Wire Feeders Help

Reviews Summary for W7FG 600-Ohm Open Wire Feeders
W7FG 600-Ohm Open Wire Feeders Reviews: 34 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $0.58 (aprox. per foot)
Description: Real Open Wire Feeders for Ultimate in Low Loss!
More info: http://www.trueladderline.com/

You can write your own review of the W7FG 600-Ohm Open Wire Feeders.

K7NA Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2014 12:48 Send this review to a friend
Very Durable, Long Lasting Feedline  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had the original W7FG 80 meter doublet with 600 ohm feeders up over 10 years in two different locations without a single failure. The black insulated pure copper stranded wire used to fabricate this integrated antenna and feedline is very durable. Now situated in a QTH with some land, I have extended the doublet to 170 feet and added more 600 ohm feeder that I purchased from Charlie to create a 40 meter extended double zepp with about 150 feet of feedline. Although the flat top at 80 feet is attached to a counterweight system to avoid high stress from the 95 foot supporting Douglas Fir trees blowing in often violent winds, the antenna has never failed and remains as reliable as ever. The price of Charlie's antenna/feedline combos is so reasonable it's easier, faster and less time consuming to buy one than to build your own. The feedline spacers are extremely light and tough in the sun, never cracking or breaking in all the years I've had the antenna up in the air. I recommend this produce and Charlie's efficient service.

LB2TB Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2014 10:55 Send this review to a friend
Update 2 - Fantastic !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this fantastic feeder/doublet as my only TX-antenna during 2014.

My set up is 850ft !!!! of true ladderline and a Doublet, cut for 160 mtr, up abt 60 feet. Using the Palstar AT4K tuner

Here is my statistics (countries worked) for 2014 (until today):

17: 107
15: 154
12: 138
10: 86
6: 20 (Yes - it works on 6m)

Total countries worked in 2014: 230 !!!

73's de Lars, LB2TB

M5LRO Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2014 11:57 Send this review to a friend
Superb Stuff  Time owned: more than 12 months
Firstly I owe Gary a sincere apology as I never reviewed his superb product when he was with us.

I purchased Gary's 80-10m doublet with the feeder, at his prices why make your own, although I have also done so too with other antennas.

I have owned my doublet for several years now (probably 5) and in that time it has performed flawlessly. It has stood the rigours of high winds and all weathers, we in England are known for our variation if not our extremes. Having said that recently I am beginning to wonder.
Matched with a Palstar AT5K this antenna rocks, it matches just about everywhere and with the super low loss it is highly efficient and gets me out with good ears also.
Highly delighted with it in every way, Thanks Gary God Bless you.

W9GYA Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2013 17:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Some time ago (maybe a year or so, can't remember exactly when) I purchased
500' of your 600 ohm ladder line. I said I'd report back on the project so
here I am.

I am using about 310' of your ladder line to feed an inverted V which is
about 260' long. Center at 55'. Spectacular results on 30m. Close to 100
countries already on that band alone.

The ladder line is strong and easy to use. Has held up just fine with winds
50+ mph.

K5AF Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2013 20:51 Send this review to a friend
Worth It!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When you order this feedline, you are getting two conductors of top quality #16 pure copper stranded wire, with a tough, thick jacket that will survive for years. If you've shopped for pure copper wire lately, you'll realize that you're paying only $.29 a foot for the wire, and that it is a bargain. Include the spacers and the fabrication, and you are getting an amazing deal.

I'm as impressed with the product as I'm impressed with Charlie Redding, K5JYB, the owner of the company. He is very proud to meet a critical need in the Ham Radio market with a quality product at a very reasonable price. He also helps his local community members through their involvement in the manufacturing process. He'll do everything possible to guarantee your satisfaction!

Thank you, Charlie, you are a gentleman and a friend to ham radio! Congratulations on a great product!

AC4GM Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2012 13:03 Send this review to a friend
Efficient, simple, and strong  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna with the idea of keeping it simple; I have been rewarded. It is strong and tunes great. It is atop a 34' telescoping mast and acts as the guy for the top ring. It has been up 3 weeks and has survived 3 nasty severe weather events.

I can work stations heretofore unheard with great signal reports. Station is Kenwood TS 450, Ameritron AL 811, and Tucker T3000.

I highly recommend this product. The packaging, shipping time, and response to e-mails is top shelf.

I also put a review in the True Ladder Lines forum.

K2LGO Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2012 17:53 Send this review to a friend
SIMPLE IDEA THAT WORKS GREAT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was given a 100 foot hank of this line about 5 years ago, and I finally put it up about two years ago, feeding about 120 feet on the flat top...SWR never varies, rain or shine, and its takes all mother nature has thrown at it so far...

KK7XE Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2011 05:37 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my Ladder Line a week ago and had to wait till the crazy electrical storms abated to install a new antenna. Built a 102' antenna, limited space, fed with the 600 ohm line and it works and performs very well. Was easy to unroll and install. Only up 30', comes across my roof and at the entrance have it attached to a 4:1 balun and on into my Palstar AT-500 tuner. Would have done a direct feed, just too tight a situation to feed that way. Makes for a very quiet recieve and a joy to use. Quite surprised at the contacts I am able to make with just 100 watts and my IC-7200. Very pleased with the entire situation, price and product, and Charlie. Thank you for a fine product and answering questions.

KB0WIZ Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2011 07:26 Send this review to a friend
Antenna with low SWR!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am very satisfied with the 10-80 Doublet Antenna from W7FG. I get a low SWR when using it and I also get consistently good Signal reports when using it. I haven't seen any change in SWR while it is raining. I highly recommend it. I use it with a 4-1 Balum with coax coming into the Shack. I get reports like "You have the best signal on the WaterFall". [PSK31] YES, I would buy it again.

KC4MOP Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2011 12:18 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Quick Solution  Time owned: more than 12 months
I live on 160M and use the antenna on other bands. I have the room for the full length and installed this antenna to my radio system. I am using an HB tuner and there was a noticeable increase in better signal reports. The reason is probably the continual length of wire used in the model I purchased. I gave W7FG the length of "feedline" to the shack and the rest was the antenna. No soldering, no chance for bad connections due to the weather. The spreaders have held up extremely well through 2 Western Pa. winters. The wider spacing for 600 ohms makes the antenna less susceptible to tuning variations between wet and dry. The wire used is very nice to work with. Very flexible.