Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | W7FG 600-Ohm Open Wire Feeders Help

Reviews Summary for W7FG 600-Ohm Open Wire Feeders
W7FG 600-Ohm Open Wire Feeders Reviews: 36 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $0.58 (aprox. per foot)
Description: Real Open Wire Feeders for Ultimate in Low Loss!
More info: http://www.trueladderline.com

You can write your own review of the W7FG 600-Ohm Open Wire Feeders.

KB0WIZ Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2011 07:26 Send this review to a friend
Antenna with low SWR!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am very satisfied with the 10-80 Doublet Antenna from W7FG. I get a low SWR when using it and I also get consistently good Signal reports when using it. I haven't seen any change in SWR while it is raining. I highly recommend it. I use it with a 4-1 Balum with coax coming into the Shack. I get reports like "You have the best signal on the WaterFall". [PSK31] YES, I would buy it again.

KC4MOP Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2011 12:18 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Quick Solution  Time owned: more than 12 months
I live on 160M and use the antenna on other bands. I have the room for the full length and installed this antenna to my radio system. I am using an HB tuner and there was a noticeable increase in better signal reports. The reason is probably the continual length of wire used in the model I purchased. I gave W7FG the length of "feedline" to the shack and the rest was the antenna. No soldering, no chance for bad connections due to the weather. The spreaders have held up extremely well through 2 Western Pa. winters. The wider spacing for 600 ohms makes the antenna less susceptible to tuning variations between wet and dry. The wire used is very nice to work with. Very flexible.

N0AZN Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2010 10:19 Send this review to a friend
A hams antenna great  Time owned: months
The Balun Designs 1:1, not 4:1 tuner choke balun works great with the Palstar AT2K and the 80-10m 600 ohm True ladder line doublet. I have all the documentation down now for 80/75-40-30-20-17-15-12-10 and all of the 6M band. This thing works great I left it at 50 feet of ladder line uncut. I will use an inverted L for 160M I have had great luck with this in the past. This antenna listens better and is very quite compared to the Buckmaster OCF dipole I have strung up now. Who knows the bands may have been open last night and no storms in the area. The tuner seems to reset to the recorded markings and is write on which I would expect for what they cost. Thanks to true ladder line for a great antenna, Balun Designs for the best baluns on the market and the same to Palstar the AT2K is the best I have seen....

KQ4FM Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2010 18:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
This 600 ohm open wire is the absolute best transmission line I have ever used. It is certainly the answer when feeding even a random balanced length dipole over a wide range of frequencies.

The secret is very low loss when used with a balanced line tuner in the shack. I also have another balanced dipole up on the roof cut fairly close to 80 mtrs.

I use about 25 feet of the 600 ohm open wire feed line with this antenna which terminates to an AH-4 remote tuner in my attic. From the tuner I use 50 ohm coax down to the station.

The antenna is simply laying on the top ridge of my roof and then it slopes down a rear and front ridge hip toward the edges of the roof.

I have a very high, steep roof which places a large portion of the antenna's length up at 35 feet. The crazy thing works from 80 through 6 mtrs and being a quarter wave up in the air is a real killer on 40 mtrs.

Buy this stuff.It will open up a new world to you!

Frank
W4GZV

W8YG Rating: 5/5 Mar 20, 2010 14:54 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My antenna has survived the winter and is still performing wonderfully. Great antenna I am very pleased with it. The Higher you get it the better it works its that simple.
This is one tough antenna.WOW!!!

K4NA Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2009 23:15 Send this review to a friend
Tuned Feeders  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Problem: I had used both 300 ohm and 450 ohm ladder line for years to center feed my 120 ft dipole at 60 ft. Using either caused me to readjust my tuner to compensate for changes in moisture on the antenna/feedline. When it rained, I couldn't get my old Johnson KW Matchbox to come close to tuning the ant on some bands.

Solution: I bought 175 ft of open wire feedline from Charlie, K5JYB. It allows me operate any band under any moisture condition and tune my antenna. I can't say the tuner settings never change when it's raining but they don't vary enough to matter. Now my Matchbox will tune every band, including the WARC bands. Kudos to Charlie.

W5KG Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2009 06:01 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought 100' of the True Ladder line and so far very impressed.
Not easy to put up with out help but not too bad.
I only used about 75' and with the 190' inverted "V" tunes and works great 80-17.
I waited to give a review until it rained because that was the main reason I bought this brand.
Using 450 ohm line VSWR would vary all over the place when wet.
With the 600 ohm now VSWR does not vary at all.
Very stable
Glad I bought it
Don, W5KG

KI6GU Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2009 00:32 Send this review to a friend
Much more stable than "window line"  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought and installed 100' of the "ture ladder line". It replaces the 450 ohm window line I had been using for several years. It feeds a 130' inverted vee which I use mostly on 75 meters. There is one reason I decided to try this line. Every time any moisture got on the old window line (even dew which formed on the line at night) the match would change. And when it would rain, I would have to constantly adjust the tunner. This new line has totally eliminated that problem and I am very happy with it.

--Jim

W7KGA Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2008 16:06 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used Garys 600 Ohm open wire feed line for several months now.

I have a 100 Foot line going to my 450 foot loop, and a 50 foot line going to my 135 Foot Inverted Vee.

Both antennas now hold there tuning settings better. The wire is #16 Ga, is easy to work with, and runs Full Legal Power on SSB.

I'm planning on ordering his 240 Ft Doublet DiPole.

W6GJI Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2008 12:27 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've used W7FG ladder line for eight months to feed a center-fed zepp at 40 feet. It appears to be made from quality components. The spacers can be easily removed/moved but they will not disconnect unintentionally. SWR is stable in high winds or rain. This is the best-performing all-band antenna that I've ever used. Considering the time and effort required to build your own ladder line, this stuff is a bargain! Also, Gary, W7FG, provides very friendly and fast service.