Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG Z-100Plus Help

Reviews Summary for LDG Z-100Plus
LDG Z-100Plus Reviews: 30 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $159.99
Description: LDG’s popular Z-100 economy tuner is now the Z-100Plus. Still small and simple to use, the Z-100Plus sports 2000 memories that store both frequency and tuning parameters. It will run on any voltage source from 7 to 18 volts; six AA batteries will run it for a year of normal use. Current draw while tuning is less than 100ma.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/c/252/products/1/49/1

You can write your own review of the LDG Z-100Plus.

AI4HO Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2012 21:03 Send this review to a friend
A black box that works!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Wow..can't believe I've had my LDG Z100+ for 7 months now. Having had prior experience with LDG and their outstanding tuners for several years now,and having an LDG AT-600Pro 600 watt autotuner I use with my Ameritron ALS-600 600 watt solid state no tune amp. This is not about no tune amps, nor is about the AT-600Pro auto tuner. This review is about the LDG Z100+ auto tuner, that will/has handled just about every antenna I've put on it..and it tunes with no problem at all.

I use my Z100+ with my FT-817ND, I have yet to find the cable that interfaces the Z100+ to my 817ND..I would love to have one, but as is now I don't know if I would use it if I had it. I use the 817, my Z-100+ and an old straight key that came with a code practice oscillator I had had use at one time. Took the key off, put it on a small piece of plywood, nothing thick, actually I think its 1/4" plywood. Made up a base using the plywood, some small screws, paint, and I had a base for my key. When ever I tune what ever antenna, I use CW, I key up, the tuner clicks, and clacks, you hear the relays, and then its done..the antenna is tuned..simple as that. If I change bands, no problem, I do the same thing..switch to CW, depress the key, the tuner makes noise for a few seconds and then its done. you are tuned on your new band. I like my QRP station, I have an awful lot of fun with my QRP station, but when I sit down or rather next to my ProIII and my accessories, I do like the fact that at the flip of a switch..I can have up to 600 watts of power radiating from my antenna. On the other hand..there's a lot to be said for a 5 watt transceiver, an LDG Z-100+ my little old straight key, and the antenna of choice and havin fun QRP style.

73 de Mark
AI4HO

K4FX Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2012 00:53 Send this review to a friend
Good tuner  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a nice little tuner, I use it with my FT-857D, the only quirk I have noticed is that it finds its sweet spot a lot quicker with lower power.
The memory tune is very fast and it has a lot of memories. The Yaesu cable for the FT-857/897 is nice, it is a one touch tune from the tune button on the tuner. It is a nice addition to the little Yaesu.

K7LZR Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2012 13:03 Send this review to a friend
Great little tuner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use this tuner along with an Icom IC-7200 and also a Yaesu FT-817nd. Antennas are a 120ft. dipole and a 75m double bazooka, both homebrew.

The Z-100Plus tunes both antennas with ease and does so quickly. The memories work as advertised and it learns often-used frequencies as you use it.

I do like the new metal case vs the funny looking plastic case of the original Z-100. It gives the Z-100Plus a better, more professional appearance.

I originally bought this tuner for use with an Icom IC-706mk2 on a cross-country trip, feeding a center loaded vertical antenna at the left rear of my car. It did a great job of tuning this antenna on 40-6m on my 7000mi. trip.

To sum, its a good tuner at a good price.

N2WJW Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2012 05:03 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for the money  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I'm an old timer from the old school and never really paid attention to automatic tuners since I always used the manual type, well the little LDG changed my mind, good things can come in small packages. The Z-100Plus came with an interface cable that plugged right to my Icom and actually remembers each band so once tuned, you can go back to the same band later with no need to tune again.
It can be used with just about any radio, plug in an external wall wart or make a little battery pack for it and at the push of a button, you are tuned. My antennas are a long wire and a G5RV jr and tunes them both just fine.
My old trusty manual tuner has become a dust collector. Highly recommended.

AD6KA Rating: 2/5 May 13, 2012 02:29 Send this review to a friend
Watch The Power Ratings  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Z-100Plusis rated as a "125 watt 6m to 160m ATU" OK.
THe MANUAL that come swith unit lists the specs as:
"0.1 to 125 watts SSB, CW,
**and digital modes.***

THIS HERE is a direct quote from THEIR SPECS on Their Website for the Z-100 PLUS:
"RF Power: 0.1 to 125 watts SSB and CW,
***30W on PSK*******
See it here yoursel righ here:

SO IS IT RATED AT 125 WATTS ON PSK OR 30 WATTS ON PSK31??

Probably the 30 watts, though it still is FALSE ADVERTSING!

Look at older LDG AU's like the AT-11MP.
It didn'thave 20,000memories or frils like that,
but the REALS and TOROIDS and Silver Mica caps were a LOT bigger and beefier. The relays and toroids that LDG now uses n their "125" watt units are the .5" ones tht Electrat uses on their 10 watt ATU for the K2.

BUYER BEWARE
This was my TIRD LDG but WILL BE MY LAST!

STAYVERTICAL Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2012 13:38 Send this review to a friend
Plays a sweet tune  Time owned: more than 12 months
Some products are just built right, and designed well.
The USB signalink is one, the Z100 Plus is another.

If you want a no nonsense tuner that works up to 100 watts, is tiny, reliable and tunes a wide range,
this is your solution.

Run it on an external battery pack and you are good to go a year.
Once you have one of these little wonders, the old manual tuner will become a spider hotel.

Home run LDG!

DO9GB Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2012 00:27 Send this review to a friend
Good but ...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As everybody said before: it works very good and fast.

My only little disappointment was, that I actually have to press the tune button for every frequency change I make. With all those memories, I was under the wrong expectation that it will automatically tune the frequencies that it already has in memory.

WS8B Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2012 20:11 Send this review to a friend
super  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works great and constructed well. I replaced my sgc mac 200 when it burned.

N2WJW Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2011 15:42 Send this review to a friend
Great little tuner!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
So I finally broke down and purchased one of these and to my surprise, it interacts with my Icom 718 wow! Talk about easy... I just touch the "tuner" button on front of the rig and starts to tune. No it will not tune anything but it will tune just about anything my MFJ-949E tunes at the push of a button. It has memory so once you are tuned on most bands, it "remembers" once you go back to a previous band. I like the small footprint and the simplicity of it as well. It comes with power cables, one cable to plug into the Icom for power and another to use with an outside supply plus another cable to interface with the Icom rig. It can also be used with any other rig as well by using the push button on the tuner while keying up a low power signal with the mic or cw key
I feel I made a good purchase here so its a solid 5 for me.

DL2NEP Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2011 07:37 Send this review to a friend
great up to crazy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It tunes nearby everything. I was able to tune a 2m (144MHz) antenna down to the 20m band. It works fine. This tuner works realy fine ! It is only a little bit loud during tuning. But this is really no problem.