Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | Tokyo Hy-Power HL-160V Help

Reviews Summary for Tokyo Hy-Power HL-160V
Tokyo Hy-Power HL-160V Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 144Mhz low/high input/output and ssb/fm and pre-amp.

You can write your own review of the Tokyo Hy-Power HL-160V.

G0FVT Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2014 08:41 Send this review to a friend
Big Heatsink!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Always regretted parting with my HL160V, I also have the visually matching 70cm version. Unlike some of the competition the Tokyo has proper relays that are suited to the job. Amplifier is unusual but attractive looking, I found the Tokyo to be slightly better made than other similar bricks. I replaced the power lead on mine to reduce voltage drop but otherwise it was never any trouble.

N2VU Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2009 17:09 Send this review to a friend
Top Quality!  Time owned: more than 12 months
A nice amp! It has a larger than usual case with large, deep fins which do a great job of dissipating heat. Even at full power it barely even gets warm. Up front there’s a input power switch that toggles between 10 watts and 3 watts, and one that is for HI / LOW power out (Low cuts the output in half) with those two switches you get to play with / vary your output from as low as 50 Watts to 160 watts + easily!! The RX amp works superbly! This amp works at least as well (if not better than) my RF Concepts amp. Tokyo Hy-Power has a great reputation with all their amps and this one certainly maintains that quality! If you can get one – grab it!

KC7NOA Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2009 21:18 Send this review to a friend
10in almost 250 out  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this amp for 5+ years now. I had bought it from DERF (K7SSK whom is now SK) and has never let me down. I have accidentally driven this with 20W from an early IC-706M2G and didn't blow it up, but did blow the fuse. I replaced the power cord shortly after i bought it because it was short and frayed. Iv had a Mirage amp that was blown by the same accident .. actually i still have it.

all in all i don't have any complaints - except the power meter on the amp is hard to read - its just to small.