Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | Beko HLV-1500 Help

Reviews Summary for Beko HLV-1500
Beko HLV-1500 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $3990.-
Description: VHF (2Mtr) 1500Watt mosfet amplifier
More info: http://www.beko-elektronik.de/

You can write your own review of the Beko HLV-1500.

OZ2M Rating: 2/5 Apr 11, 2017 10:17 Send this review to a friend
Prepare yourself for an output relay used way above spec  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently bought a BEKO HLV-1500 PA from another ham. The reason why he wanted to sell the PA was that he found it to fragile compared to a tube PA. It has also been for repair at BEKO due to lack of output power probably because of the output relay he told me even if the PA has a protection circuit.

So before I applied mains power and keyed the amplifier I decided to do some initial inspection. I could easily tell that the PA had been disassembled a number of times because when removing the screws many of the threads had been damaged. My first focus was the output relay which is a TOHTSU CX-531N. The datasheet reveals that this relay is rated for 200 W at 144 MHz. This is only 13% of the rated output of the PA. What is also worrying is that the isolation when running 1,5 kW may be a lot less than 65 dB.

So I contacted BEKO just to find that using the relay this way is very intentional. But, wow - if you have such a problem with communication maybe you shouldn't be in the communications industry.

G4JBH Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2011 16:09 Send this review to a friend
Superb quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
Beko is a little-known make of linear amplifier over here in the UK which is a shame as the amplifiers are absolutely stunning.

We had used a Beko HLV-750 in our 2m contest station for a couple of years, but decided to upgrade to the HLV-1500 last year.

Bernhard was most helpful in all our email communications and even incorporated a couple of mods that I had requested. Delivery date was accurate.

Quick summary - superb build quality - a real eyefull - small footprint on the desk - runs very cool and quiet - easy to interface with our DB6NT transverter - power meter that reads peak power accurately.

Expensive, but worth every penny. Would not hesitate to go the Beko route for 6m and 70cm if we develop our contest station further, and these amps match the HLV-1500 exactly in size which would make a really nice stack on the desk!

PA2DB Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2009 11:39 Send this review to a friend
As usaul super  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi,

After some hlv-600 and hlv-1200 i am now the proud owner of a new hlv-1500. This weekend was the EUR VHF contest and without a lott of noise, direct full power it was a pleasure to use the amplifier. I am so happy that the new hlv-1500 is abt half size and half weight of the former hlv-1200. The blue display gives a cool effect.

The package could be better. It isnt bad but i prefer to put such state of the art at least double boxed (like the boxes from Yaesu ft950/ft-2000 Icom ic-7600 etc). So if you order some think about it. But it is packed with a lott of foam so it is probaly ok like this...BUT.....

The contact and agreements (delivery date) was exactly as prommised.

So a big 5+ for this product.

Hope to meet you on 2Mtr.

73 Marcus PA2DB