Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | W5JH Baby Black Widow Paddle Kit Help

Reviews Summary for W5JH Baby Black Widow Paddle Kit
W5JH Baby Black Widow Paddle Kit Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$39.95+ postage
Description: A baby black widow paddle to hang on the front of your PFR-3 or Elecraft KX1
More info: http://www.w5jh.net/BBW_PFR3.htm

You can write your own review of the W5JH Baby Black Widow Paddle Kit.

AC0OW Rating: 5/5 Sep 11, 2011 19:06 Send this review to a friend
A Great QRP paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just finished building the BBW paddle. Ordered when our PFR Yahoo group announced they were being discontinued. Glad I did. This is a very nice paddle and I like the feel and ease of use. Also, great for portable ops since it is hard to mess this key up. Well designed for rugged ops. Far superior to the previous stock paddle which is no longer offered.

If you have a PFR-3, get a BBW and you won't be sorry.

W2LJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2011 07:03 Send this review to a friend
Very nice !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered a Baby Black Widow kit for my PFR-3A after Jerry came on the QRP mailing lists to announce he's thinking of discontinuing his paddles due to lack of sales. Have wanted these for a while, but have procrastinated.

I am glad I got them! They were FUN to build and work great! They feel great and I didn't have hard time at all adjusting them to how I like paddles to be. The price is great compared to other paddles that are out there and if I buy a cable with a male stereo plug at one end and a female on the other, I can use these with ANY rig. Cool!

Larry W2LJ

N3PDT Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2010 23:16 Send this review to a friend
Great kit and a perfect add-on to a KX1  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Not much to add to all the glowing reviews here. Just a great kit with great instructions. Easy build and really nice feel to the finished key. Also looks and works fantastic mated up to the Elecraft KX1. Very very happy customer here. The extremely reasonable price is just a bonus.

WF8O Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2010 04:49 Send this review to a friend
Great Value for the price!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my BBW for the PFR-3A in the mail yesterday, within a week of my order. The kit was an easy assemble using Jerry's detailed and well illustrated instructions. The paddle is a pleasure to use. I have a Bencher BY-1 and this paddle is easily as good and much more durable.
An excellent product!

Sincerely,

Mike Narges WF8O

NV0U Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2009 22:42 Send this review to a friend
Most excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have always looked at the Black Widow key and wanted one, but I have a key that I currently like, so always skipped it. However, when I heard there was now a key for the KX1, I immediately plunked down my money on one. Very happy I did!

The key arrived in less than a week. Had it assembled in about an hour of non serious building. Plugged it in to the KX1 and it is a perfect fit!

Seems to stay adjusted just fine. Not noticing it fall out of adjustment at all.

Also, the link above is to the PR3 key. The KX1 key is the same, but with a different backplane. You can find it here:

K7DD Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2009 10:37 Send this review to a friend
Damn Nice Paddle!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my 3rd key from Jerry Haigwood W5JS and I love them. You simply can't find a better paddle at 5 times the price! Smooth, easy to adjust, easy on the eyes and the wallet make this a winner! I have SN#1 of the Baby Black Widow (BBW) and gladly placed my order when he mentioned it at a ScQRPion meeting a few months ago. If he ever makes a single lever that is tall like the Vibrokeyer I will have SN#1 of that one as well. His designs are my primary key in use at the K7DD shack. Save your money and buy a great keyer because with these keys you get the best bang for the buck. You can't go wrong.

N0NBD Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2009 12:32 Send this review to a friend
Great paddle for your PFR-3  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My kit arrived in the mail yesterday. I waited only a week or so. A few hours later the kit is complete and the fit and feel are great. I rate it a 5 as it is a COOL paddle. Get one and YOU will like it! The price is good too. Thanks Jerry!!! de Paul N0NBD