Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | DX Blaster Help

Reviews Summary for DX Blaster
DX Blaster Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $249.95
Description: WideBand Cage Antennas
More info: http://www.dxblaster.com

You can write your own review of the DX Blaster.

W4NFR Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2010 07:11 Send this review to a friend
CAGE 40 METER ANTENNA  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had my 40 Meter Cage antenna from DX Blaster for a couple of months now and love it.
The Low Q provides a 1.3:1 SWR across the band. My antenna is the 8 wire version and 12" diameter spreader hoops. It is fed with a current choke balun and coaxial cable.
The design is very strong and has held up very well so far. The 8 wires provide very low inductive loss and the antenna is very efficient. I recommend this product and would encourage any serious ham to get one. I have worked DX and all over the US with mine. It not only transmits well, but received great too!

K9AOG Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2010 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Highly Recommend  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Couldnít be happier with my 40M DX-Blaster. l check into a Net every morning on 40M and they just hear me on my dipole. They also hear my Elmer is a couple of streets over. Set up the DX-Blaster and they comment almost every time on my signal strength. Checked in the other day and the short skip NCS didnít hear me. A remote station relayed that they thought they heard me. Saw that I was using my original antenna. Switched back to the DX-Blaster and both short skip and the remote stations reported that I was loud and clear with an exceptional signal. Can't wait to put some power to it. Now, just wished I had the real estate to install the 80M DX-Blaster.

K3YX Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2009 17:02 Send this review to a friend
Impressed So Far!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I ordered the 80 meter version cage. A sizable box arrived at the door with an amazing amount of wire contained inside! The clearly written instructions directed me to the "start here" tab attached to the wire. In less than 30 minutes, the antenna was up in the air. The cage was put up in a manner to allow for an "a-b" comparison with my OCF dipole at 45'. Operating both antenna's with out a tuner, the cage was at least + 5-6 db on both tx and rx. As a bonus, I found the cage to be quieter, with decreased static qrn. Once my tower project is completed next spring 2010, the cage will be better positioned for daily use. At that time I will give a progress report noting the cage's performance regarding DX.

W4YJ Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2009 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Picked up one of these for 40 meters at a local hamfest a few months back. Got it home and the XYL and I installed it a few days later. Installation is a snap as the antenna is already assembled. The construction is also very nice. We pulled it up between two tall trees and we were finished in no time! Ran the coax in to the shack, hooked it to the rig and was amazed at how flat it was all across the 40 meter band. SWR never exceeded more than 1.2:1 anywhere in the phone portion of the band. Even in CW portion it never went above 1.3:1!
The ease of installation is a really positive aspect of this product and the performance is GREAT! No tuner needed!! I never use my tuner when I am using the antenna and works great especially towards Europe. The antenna seems to have some apparent gain. Even though it is a half wave dipole in length, the overall circular width seems to produce a higher S meter reading as compared to a regular dipole. Another interesting thing I noticed was the lack of "rain static". On my other wire antennas, I have heard a lot of the "popping annoyance" at times from rain static. Not so with the DX Blaster!
I plan later on to try a different configuration with hanging it in a vertical position. If you are looking for a really broad banded antenna that is ready to install right out of the box, this is the one!