Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Traffie Hex Beam for 6 meters Help

Reviews Summary for Traffie Hex Beam for 6 meters
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$199
Description: A 6 meter version of the successful hex beam design from Mike Traffie, this lightweight 2 element array gives the user everything needed to enjoy the "magic band" to the fullest.
More info: http://www.hexbeam.com

You can write your own review of the Traffie Hex Beam for 6 meters.

WD4ELG Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2009 19:42 Send this review to a friend
A winner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I already have the 20 meter version from Mike, with my stellar reviews here:

So why get into 6 meters at the bottom of the cycle? Because I wanted to see what everyone else is doing on 50 MHz! Meteor scatter, tropo, ionoscatter, Sporadic E. Who needs F2 propagation? F2 will come back in a few years.

Meanwhile, I have my 6 meter hex mounted above the 20 meter hex at 40 feet. And I am enjoying the magic band for the first time in my ham experience of 32 years.

Only had this model for a few months with very little ham time due to work, but what a blast! Several meteor scatter QSO's, JT6M QSO (all thanks to WSJT software), and 2 weeks ago we had a monster sporadic E event and I worked 8 stations from Canada to the Caribbean.

I am no big gun on 6 - only running 100 watts here from a TS480SAT. But just like on 20 with the other hex, I GET RESULTS! I am thrilled.

Not that it's an indicator of efficiency or performance, but the SWR at the low end of the bad was exactly as specified. The thing went together in about 15 minutes. Easy.

With regard to the company, let me first say that I am unrelated to Mr Traffie. I have never even met the man. But I have rarely worked with a more courteous, patient, customer-friendly, responsive, or dedicated individual. His family works at it as well, and I have had the good fortune to interact with his wife and son. The Traffie family is a class act. You will not find a more honest seller of amateur radio antennas than this man.

Mike's money-back guarantee is for real. But I can assure you that you won't be returning this product for a refund. It is a keeper.

For some excellent information on the hex beam design, I recommend starting here:

73, and hope to work you on the air