Reviews Categories | Transmitters: Vintage amateur | Heathkit HX-10 Marauder Help

Reviews Summary for Heathkit HX-10 Marauder
Heathkit HX-10 Marauder Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $335
Description: 80-10 Meter AM/SSB/CW/FSK Transmitter
More info: http://www.heathkit-museum.com/ham/hvmhx-10.shtml

You can write your own review of the Heathkit HX-10 Marauder.

AB9SX Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2012 21:21 Send this review to a friend
Unexpectedly great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I paired this with a Mohawk for a BIG AM/SSB Station. There must not be too many around, because of the number of reviews. There seems to be more Apache's. I'm satisfied with performance. These twins really are great for their age. I get good audio reports on both AM and SSB. It looks like I have an affinity for twins. This set does well with the Collins75-A4(surprise) and Kenwood twins as a comparison that I also run.I guess that after all those years, Heathkit got ir right.

WA2ROC Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2009 08:02 Send this review to a friend
I finally got one!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My Elmer back in 1960 was building an Apache followed by a Mohawk when I was studying for my novice. I remembered that I wanted to get that combo back then. However a newspaper delivery boy didn't make anywhere near that many $$$, so I had to wait. I finally got them about 5 years ago, but still wanted a Marauder which my Elmer was building in the mid-60's.

Well I got the Marauder about 3 months ago from a local ham that wanted my solid state transceiver. We both got a great deal.

The HX-10 loafs along at about 150 watts input and so far others have said the audio is pretty good. New electrolytic caps were installed and many of the vague alignment steps were re-done to make it work good as new. It did need a tiny bit of dial calibration and the chassis does get hot even when RF isn't going out to the ether.

But I like it and it makes my vintage Heath shack almost complete.