Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Heil Quiet Phone Pro Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Quiet Phone Pro
Heil Quiet Phone Pro Reviews: 13 Average rating: 3.1/5 MSRP: $ 170.00 headset 85.00
Description: An innovative headset utilizing the latest generation of ANC circuitry in a comfortable headset that excels in listening to music or perfect for the amateur radio phone or CW operator. Comes with two detachable 6' cables. A very flexible straight and a coil cable. A sturdy brass insert allows one of the four MB-1 microhone booms to be attached to the Quiet Phone Pro turning it into a professional noise canceling boomset. You choose the correct microphone element that matches your particular needs - various amateur radio transceivers, computer inputs for VOIP, podcasting or commercial broadcasting. Frequency response is 20Hz to 20,000 Hz., 32 ohms with sensitivity of 104 dB/mW. Noise canceling range is 40Hz.- 1 kHz. with maximum reduction level of -20dB.
More info: http://www.heilsound.com

You can write your own review of the Heil Quiet Phone Pro.

VQ9LA Rating: 2/5 Dec 26, 2009 16:21 Send this review to a friend
Poor  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
These headphones always fail in the middle of a pileup. The ear pads come off the phones quite easy and they are very hard to get back on. Distractions you do not need when you are busy. I have had to use the phones with only 1 ear pad many times. Also the Audio cord can come unplugged from the headphones quite easy. This is good and bad. Easy to replace a bad cord but if it happens when you are busy you may miss something. Other then these 2 problems the phones are quite good. I gave them needs help rating. These 2 problems could be fixed by heil quite easy.

W6XR Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2009 05:12 Send this review to a friend
A superlative  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've used the Quiet Phone Pro with the full response element and the results were just outstanding. Frst of all, the headset is comfortable, even when used over an extended time such as the CQWW, one is not bothered by crushed ears and the eyeglass temples were not embossed on my head. This headset is the most comfortable I've ever used!

The noise cancelling technology does exactly what it is supposed to do as I don't hear the QRO amp humming on for hours and no extraneous noise is heard. You are really sequestered in a quiet room, regardless of the ambient noise, and you hear only what is coming from your radio. Sometimes, when no signal is present, it's a very strange feeling to hear nothing at all. This headset is worth every cent and I'll replace my other Heil headsets with the new Quiet Phone. You won't be disappointed with this purchase!

KD7RJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2009 03:48 Send this review to a friend
Update to previous post  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After submitting the previous post, I was contacted by Chip at Hell who was very helpful in resolving my main issue. There was a small percentage of the head sets that had ear pads without everything necessary to keep them fastened correctly. He arranged to send me new pads and I can report they work very well but were a bit difficult to install. Once installed however, they are working flawlessly and do not fall off. The noise canceling takes things like jet noise out while allowing voices to be heard, this is consistent with there intended design. The new 6 microphone element has given me good reports on the air with my Elecraft K3. I can now recommend these headsets to those seeking a quality addition to their shack. Heil customer support was very proactive and I would not hesitate purchasing any of their products should I have the need.