Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Wouxun Help

Reviews Summary for Wouxun
Wouxun Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $65.90
Description: KG-699E
More info: http://www.wouxun.com

You can write your own review of the Wouxun.

WA3LWR Rating: 3/5 May 27, 2012 10:17 Send this review to a friend
NOT AS GOOD  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased a Woxoun abut a year ago. I liked the front panel, but very quickly other hams told me that I sounded much better on the TG-UV2.
THe battery was also 15% stronger and had about 70 more channels. A few months later a problem developed and I had to send the radio back to China ($40) and Woxoun could not find the radio for six months. Not a bad radio when it works, but costs more than other good choices.

K6DYB Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2011 08:40 Send this review to a friend
great no frills UV HT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have both the KG-UV2D and the KG-UVD1P. Both will monitor VHF and UHF simultaneously. I have simply programmed the channels and set A to a VHF channel and B to a UHF channel. You need to think a second as to which channel was receiving, but I know the folks on the various frequencies and don't get too mixed up!

W0AY Rating: 4/5 Jun 23, 2011 18:20 Send this review to a friend
Good for the Price  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Purchased KG-UV2D on impulse from Wouxun.us.
Note:
1. Memory channels can not be scanned in groups. If you hit "scan", all active memory channels are scanned. I would like their memory channels to be divided into groups so I could scan, say, all the local two meter repeaters whose frequencies, I've saved to group 1 or all the 440 repeaters in group 2.
2. True you can operate the HT on 144 and 440. It is dual band, but you cannot monitor 144 and 440 at the same time. The front panel A/B button is like a VFO selector, it does not select a separate 440 or 2 Meter receiver/transmitter.
3. Definitely get their USB programming cable. You'll be frustrated without it.
Over all, a solid little radio for the price. I'd buy another but hope they work on their firmware.

G8YMW Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2011 15:50 Send this review to a friend
Its a cracker!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought my KG699E from Martin Lynch at the National Hamfest at Newark. Bought the centre loaded whip (Badged "Mydel")The Mydel is about 20 inches long and definately worth it. I heard 2 friends ( 6 miles and 14 miles away)stood outside our caravan at about 3 metres above sea level clearly. It is used primarily mobile to a sawn off CB whip. TX audio was praised. S meter , like most handhelds, lies like a cheap watch (The only flaw)

KJ6BVV Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2011 09:03 Send this review to a friend
Solid Radio at a Great Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a KG-UV2D from Wouxun.us after a recommendation from a local Boy Scout Troop. First positive impression was Wouxun.us service. Second is the price. Next is the packaging and appearance of the radio itself - it's solid. Finally, operation and programming is different than my TH-F6 but the results are on par in a side by side comparison. If I want a third band I'll buy an additional radio. This radio is an excellent opportunity for a first or extra radio that won't disappoint or break the bank. As is I've ordered a second for my wife for her first radio. p.s. Get the programming cable.

G7EMD Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2010 00:52 Send this review to a friend
wow!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I HAVE HAD MY KG-699E(70MHZ.)FOR 1 WEEK,AND JUST LIKE THE 2MTR-70CMS.WHICH I HAVE, IT IS A JOY TO USE.I HAVE ONLY 3 CONTACTS BUT ALL WERE GOOD AUDIO
ON BOTH RX & TX. I ALSO MADE CONTACT WITH ALL THREE ON MY OUTDOOR VERTICAL AND THE RIGS OWN ANTENNA

I HAVE NOT YET MADE USE OF THE "STUN"OR THE"KILL" SETTING,I MAY TRY IT ON THE CAT THAT HANGS ABOUT MY BIRD TABLE,I WILL SEND A REPORT ON THE RESULT .
ARTHUR G7EMD/M3OAP AKA 2E0TK

G0FTD Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2009 10:25 Send this review to a friend
Perfect, except the s meter.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the 66-88Mhz version.

Perfect except for the s-meter that always
reads 5 or 6 blobs on a zero signal.

I wonder if the other VHF and UHF versions have the same niggle ?

G8UBJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2009 05:00 Send this review to a friend
Sensitive + nice features  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Also bought the KG-699E directly from Hong Kong but avoided eBay. the price was $112 (79) inc shipping.
This is virtually the only 4M hand held on the market. I'm impressed with the build quality and the range of features.
I'm sure some will be asking how it can be so cheap but maybe we pay too much for radios supplied specifically for Hams. I will be buying more from this company.

G8FXM Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2009 07:20 Send this review to a friend
Professional Quality, great value for money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just purchased th KG-699E directly from Hong Kong via their store on eBAY. At 65.90 Wouxun have clearly realised that the KG-699E is unique in that it operates on teh 66-87 Mhz Band making it one of the very few 4 Metre handies on the market. This about 20 higher than the equivalent 2M and 70cm handies they sell but still a bargin in my books. Delivery was a stinger at an additional 22. This radio has three colour LCD screen, dual VFO, CTCSS, 1750 Hz tone burst and 200 channels. Programming software is available free as a download from their website but the data cable is extra (5). The CD that comes with the data cable contains programming software for FeiDaxin, Galaxy, Kenwood, Linton, Lisheng, PUXING, Quansheng, Ronson, Weierwei, Westar, Yaesau (including VX1, VX5 and VX7 etc).
The build quality rivals any Professional radio I have seen and equals Motorola in my books. A nice touch is that it also recieved on the 88-108Mhz FM broadcast band so you'll always have something to listen to :-)