Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | HyGain LJ-203BA Help

Reviews Summary for HyGain LJ-203BA
HyGain LJ-203BA Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $350.00
Description: 3 ELEMENT 20M ON 16 (4.9M) BOOM CAN ADJUST TO 17M

You can write your own review of the HyGain LJ-203BA.

KD8GEH Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2013 19:35 Send this review to a friend
Great performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi All,

Bought this antenna at the Dayton Hamvention for a song. Its pretty old (like me) but in fair shape (not like me). Cleaned her up, replaced the needed hardware and remeasured all the elements/spacing per the manual.

No extra cash so I made a home brew air balun ala G3TXQ's data (thanks)great match across the band. Mounted on American Std tower at 55 feet. What a performer! Awesome receive, good FB and side rejection.

I run about usually 100, sometimes 500 watts max and always break the pileups no problem. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. She has been up for over a year now with no issues at all.

See my QRZ page for pics if interested.

73 DE Dave KD8GEH
VE7SNC Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2012 17:18 Send this review to a friend
Awesome on 17m  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this antenna with full intentions to adapt to 17 meters, and WOW what a performer. I had some greif as to the sizes as HY-GAIN can't seem to find the time to make this a part of the package. So I used some of the measurements from the 204 ba. But with a KW and up 100 feet the thing works better than expected. Love it to death, cheap and tough awesome performance.
N5VU Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2009 20:03 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have always had wire antennas all through out my 33 years as a ham. I chased a lot of DX. Up until now, I didn't know that you could actually catch it! Even without my Ameritron AL-80B, using just the rig, I can still catch the really good DX.

This antena boasts a 5 Db gain over a dipole. Here are a few figures to help convince you. (I'm skipping line loss and going straight with power into the antenna.)

95 watts into the antenna nets you about 300 watts ERP.

950 watts into the antenna will get you about 2900 watts ERP.

1400 watts gets you 4.3Kw ERP.

For you PSK guys: 50 watts into the antenna gets you about 155 watts ERP.

The SWR is 1.5 or less across the whole band.

Good luck and happy "catching."

Marcel N5VU