Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Linear Amp UK Help

Reviews Summary for Linear Amp UK
Linear Amp UK Reviews: 1 Average rating: 0.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Manufactor of the Linear amp UK amplifiers
More info: http://www.linamp.co.uk/

You can write your own review of the Linear Amp UK.

SV8ING Rating: 0/5 Jun 5, 2009 08:39 Send this review to a friend
Bad service experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
Before sending your linear for service,back to Linamp UK,think twice!
I bought the Ranger 811H at 6 March 2007.It worked fine for about 18 months.
I noticed then that the output power was reduced from 800w to about 550-600w,and at some bands even lower.Also I noticed high SWR up to 2.3.I contacted Linamp UK to send it back for repair .They told me to send it back for repair.
They received it at 2 or 3 November 2008.
From then I contacted them almost every 10 days and their answer was that my linear was in line and waiting its turn to be repaired .
When I asked why it is taking too long to repair the amp they told me that all the repairs are done by a friend at his spare time(!!!!!)
Finaly at 15 January 2009(!!!!! )they told me that my linear was damaged at transit.
After 2+1/2 months(!!!!!) they found out that my amp was broken.It was too late for me to claim anything from the carriage company.If they had checked the box at the time of delivery they would see the damage and I could claim an amount of money from the carrier.Of course the carriage company refused that they did the damage.
Linamp Uk said that the packing was not good and that caused the damage.Notice here, that it was packed in its original box and heavily hit at the bottom.(among other damages ,tubes etc.)The only thing that I did wrong was that I didn’t put foam into the tube area and that caused the breaking of the tubes.(Although I believe, they could advise me to do that, when I told them that I will send it back ,as they know-and told me- that many arrive there broken )
We agreed to proceed in repairing it.After 2 weeks they said that the the amp was ready.
They replaced some coils,capacitors,resistors and guess how much was the cost for repairing the amp,430GBP about 500euros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That is half the price of the amplifier!
And that is only for the work done by the technician,not the spare parts!!!!!!!
They even charged 12 GBP (about 14euros) for a new box for shipping the amp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(that is extra of the shipping cost)WHAT IS IT MADE OF?GOLD?

I believe they charge extremely high prices for the time they spend in my(yours) amp.
And remember they are not just a service shop,they are the manufacturers of the amps.
For me,this is not good customer after sales support.
I experienced service done by several companies ,like AOR UK,Waters and Stanton in UK,Difona in Germany ,and I never had a problem.And they were just resellers, not manufacturers…

Finally, make your own conclusions…