Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | KG4YNI Manhandle for Icom IC-7000 Help

Reviews Summary for KG4YNI Manhandle for Icom IC-7000
KG4YNI Manhandle for Icom IC-7000 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$39.95
Description: Ernie KG4YNI has developed an outstanding, tough, high quality handle for
the Icom IC-7000. The handle is custom machined from 6061 aircraft grade
aluminum and comes in wrinkle (epoxy) powdercoated black. High quality
stainless screws are included, as are four heavy duty feet and screws so you
can rest the radio on it's side when using the handle. Dan WZ1P sells them
for Ernie on eBay, and said that Ernie KG4YNI introduced the Manhandle at
Dayton 2009 to great reviews. Dan said that Ernie is also making a massive
handle for the new IC-7200 which he also offers for sale on ebay.
More info: http://www.kg4yni.com/

You can write your own review of the KG4YNI Manhandle for Icom IC-7000.

KD8QDL Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2012 15:13 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for DX  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am putting together a mobile DX station in a musicians rack box (SKB), and this is one great piece of equipment for the DX enthusiast who is on the go! I can simply and quickly grab my IC-7000 without worrying as Ernie's Manhandle lets me get a fantastic grip on my radio for transportation to remote locations or just simply moving it in the shack. Also, he is a trustworthy guy with whom I enjoy doing business.

Extremely well made and sturdy product with bolt holes and bolts that fit perfectly into my radio. Comes with a set of rubber feet which also attach with screws to the other side of the radio making it stand on end for even greater convenience.

Would I buy another? Absolutely, positively YES! I highly recommend this very affordable upgrade to
any operator who wishes to get a "better grip" on this fantastic hobby which each of us enjoys so very much.

Thanks Ernie, for making my radio (and my Christmas) even better and for your courteous and fast response to my emails.

In the spirit of Christmas 2012...
73's To All...And To All a Good Night!!!

WO2U Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2009 06:10 Send this review to a friend
Great product, tough!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is SO much better and stronger than the flimsy plastic handle Icom charges $22 for, it's more than worth the difference in price. I was always concerned when lifting the IC-7000 by the Icom handle that it would rip and send the radio plummeting to the sidewalk. Not so with this hunk of metal. And the powdercoat black looks great besides. Nice work Ernie! Now I have to buy an Icom IC-7200 so I can get your handle for that one too.

73, Walter WO2U