Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Cushcraft AR-10 Ringo Help

Reviews Summary for Cushcraft AR-10 Ringo
Cushcraft AR-10 Ringo Reviews: 20 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: Cushcraft AR-10 Ringo vertical , 1/2 wave monoband for 10 meters
More info: http://www.cushcraftamateur.com

You can write your own review of the Cushcraft AR-10 Ringo.

N9SRA Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2013 09:54 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After losing my tree mounted wire antenna in a very bad wind storm, I put up the AR-10. Just before the weather turned cold,
For good. I will say the instruction sheet could be better, That said, the antenna has been great. No it won't bust any pile up's, but I can work stateside stations at will, and on a good day you may work a little DX, as I did with a pappa alpha station in Holland. This antenna is very broad banded & I have a flat match across the entire 10 meter band. If you don't have room for a beam, Buy this Antenna !, you won't be sorry.
N9SRA

WA7PRC Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2013 10:45 Send this review to a friend
Works FB  Time owned: more than 12 months
Around 2010, I was wanting to work the locals and had sold the AR-10 in two ham stores as far back as the mid 1970s. In that time not one had been returned nor had I heard anything bad said about it.

I mounted it atop a 11' mast, around 20' AGL and it performed flawlessly (no issues whatsoever). When I installed my 72' tower, I mounted it atop the mast at 83' AGL. The only difference in performance is, it now works DX nearly as well as my yagi.

KA7NIQ Rating: 2/5 Jan 10, 2013 18:43 Send this review to a friend
Nothing Special  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mine was an 11 meter Ringo, given to me by a CB'er who replaced it with a Starduster.
It is an end fed antenna, and full of common mode.
Be sure to use an RF Choke with it, or risk radiating coax and mast.
I replaced mine with a Starduster 1/4 wave ground plane with 45 degree sloping radials, much better performance!
Now, with the Starduster 1/4 wave ground plane, I can run power, w/o RF in the shack.
DX and local are better, and the 1/4 wave Ground Plane with sloping radials is also much quieter.
W8JI was right!

W7MCP Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2012 11:42 Send this review to a friend
Great for the price.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought my first HF rig right before the AARL 10 meter contest for 2012. I needed an antenna for 10m so I was lucky enough that my favorite online amateur radio store had the AR-10 in stock. Showed up the day before the contest. A friend came over to help me get it assembled and in the air. Assembly and tuning was very easy. With just a little tuning was able to get a 1:1 swr. Contest day I made 15 contacts into South America running about 30 Watts. And numerous contacts on the East Coast. Luckily the band opened up that day. For someone looking for a reasonably priced antenna that is easily assembled and tuned. I recommend this highly. I did develop an issue with noise. I cured this with an ICE 10m bandpass filter.

KC0GSB Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2010 11:51 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I put the AR-10 up two weeks ago to replace an aging CB 5/8 GP. It was very easy to assemble and tune. Yessterday, it easily survived a constant wind that gusted over 60mph. It puts out a good signal, S-9 reports locally, and it also receives very well. I am happy with this antenna and the $95 price was well worth it. It is up 35 feet on a Rohn adjustable mast.

E76549 Rating: 4/5 Jul 26, 2010 19:18 Send this review to a friend
Good Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Many years ago when I was in grammar school in the 1970s, I had good luck with the 11 meter Ringo for CB radio. The price in those days was around $20 and fairly affordable for kids making a few dollars per week from paper routes or part time jobs in fast food joints.

The Ringo was easy to assemble and install and parents liked its no radials design. It is a good portable antenna for camping or Field Day.

I have also had good luck as a hamming adult with the 10 meter Ringo. The antennas with radials, that are about 18 or so feet long for 10 and 11 meters, have done a bit better for me than the no radials Ringo, but the Ringo has always managed to do a respectable job. I find that stick antennas without radials tend to get into less trouble during ice storms.

N4DBM Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2010 06:43 Send this review to a friend
Works Fine  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Ringo, whether it's a 10 meter or a 440 MHz is simply a half wave vertical. It is what it is, and it works fine. "Big Sticks" and Antron 99's are basically the same thing, with one big exception - the Ringo is DC grounded - prevents static buildup and it's got to help tremendously with a direct hit. I've had one for years and it works well. I would recommend this to a friend, most definitely. I had no problems with assembly and all my tubing fit together as it should.

W8ZNX Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2009 13:55 Send this review to a friend
great antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
over 18 years and 2 sets of feed lines later
my ringo still works very well

don't know about vk3ptt probs
mind
i have no way of knowing
how they are beeing made now
but my old ringo is a one great antenna

mac

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2009 16:14 Send this review to a friend
no problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mine went together 10 years ago without a hitch. Has been working fine ever since. I didnt have "shim" mine..dont know what that means. works as good as the day i put it up. And so does my 6 meter version.

VK3PTT Rating: 0/5 Apr 17, 2009 15:25 Send this review to a friend
POORLY MADE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
EACH SECTION OF ALUMINUM TUBE HAD TO BE SHIMMED OUT TO MAKE IT FIT TIGHT, VERY POORLY MADE.