Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | IOGEAR GUE216 USB 2.0 Booster Extension Help

Reviews Summary for IOGEAR GUE216 USB 2.0 Booster Extension
IOGEAR GUE216 USB 2.0 Booster Extension Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $37.77
Description: IOGEAR's premium USB Active Extension Booster Cables support USB 2.0 transmission up to 75 feet away (with purchase of additional Booster cables together). These cables are compliant with USB 2.0 standards, and compatible with both Mac and PC.
More info: http://www.iogear.com/product/GUE216/

You can write your own review of the IOGEAR GUE216 USB 2.0 Booster Extension.

W5NNH Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2009 17:04 Send this review to a friend
Great for extending USB from computer to radio!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My shack has my computer on the other side of the room from the radio. Using an interface like Ham Radio Deluxe or even the Kenwood software just wasn't real easy. I had managed to use some Cat5 cable to extend an RS232 serial port to the radio, but that was an unsatisfactory solution, as it still left me trying to figure out how to get a soundcard interface connected, as well.

That's when I found the GUE216. The GUE216 allowed me to stretch a USB connection across the room, underneath some corduct, and attach my SignaLink USB and 2-port serial adapter (reviewed elsewhere) close to the radio and the rotor controller. Having used IOGEAR equipment before and having experienced their customer service, it was a no-brainer to choose the IOGEAR, which was only a few dollars more than the "off-brand" version at the local electronics big-box store. It works great and I'm happy to only have ONE cable to deal with across the room!