Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Realistic MINIMUS-7 speaker CAT No.40-2030C Help

Reviews Summary for Realistic MINIMUS-7 speaker CAT No.40-2030C
Realistic MINIMUS-7 speaker CAT No.40-2030C Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Originally 39.99
Description: This excellent speaker was discontinued years ago when Realistic went out of business but then Radio Shack kept selling them as "RCA".The case is all metal,inside it has a 3.5 inches woofer and a 2 inches tweeter,also there is a 50mfd electrolitic capacitor to separate the "highs" to the tweeter,it can have up to 40W maximun and the freq response is from 80 to 15000 Hz.
Perfect companion for all modern radios and the black color match all of them.

You can write your own review of the Realistic MINIMUS-7 speaker CAT No.40-2030C.

KB8EIN Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2010 23:02 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought this pair in 1972 for use in a customized van. Never could part with them. Only recently started using for ham. What a wonderful surprise. Use on IC-R75 and TS-480HX. Will buy more if I can find them.

KB2NAT Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2010 14:51 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for the price  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned two pairs of these neat little speakers. My son blew one out in a volume contest in the college dorm (45 watts/channel with all the base he could produce--the speakers with the 10" woofers won) and the coils CAN be over powered. My second set are used with a small subwoofer, but I've used them alone often--these I bought at a garage sale for $5! They are reasonably accurate and do a remarkable job for their size. I have noticed that if the speakers are stuffed in a bookshelf, they will lose their brightness. If they are played out in the open, they can not generate enough base to compensate for being away from a wall or a surface to help frame the strength of the base response. This is, of course, typical for small speakers. I just moved the speakers toward a wall or a corner to increase base. If you can find these speakers, they are still worth the original price.

NG0K Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2010 14:00 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had a pair of these for many years. They are great for music and right now I'm using one on my FT-950. Why doesn't anybody make good quality stuff like this anymore?

Doug NG0K

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2009 14:13 Send this review to a friend
Great Speakers  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use two of them with my TS2000(X). One for the Main receiver and one for the sub-receiver. Having the physical separation makes it easier to monitor a 2M repeater while working an HF net.

COOWALLSKY Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2009 12:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent audio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had a pair way back when they first came out and they eventually wound up damaged or missing. Just recently purchased a pair in great shape on Ebay for $38 for the pair (plus shipping).
They sound as good as my original pair. With the equalizer set properly in my radio, these give hours of fatigue free audio.

AD4C2006 Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2009 12:54 Send this review to a friend
Great speaker  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hard to brake and hard to beat by any jap brand speaker,it will outperform any factory made speaker built specifically for your radio,freq response is way better than most of the brand name speakers and way less expensive,I have been using these for many years,all of my radios use them,its a solid heavy black metal case containing two speakers inside,one 3.5 inches diameter woofer and one 2 inches diameter tweeter,when you hook these up to your radio the diference is day and night,the audio comes louder and wider and now you will hear the "lows" that you never heard using the expensive good looking sofisticated speaker that cost over 100 bucks,the good part is that you will find these oldy ones on the local hamfests as well as your local free fleas,I don't know in other states but in Florida we have these "Goodwill" stores that collect money from the donations sell to help the churches and there I have seen these "Realistic" speaker,the last pair I purchased cost me just 2 bucks a piece and there was nothing wrong with them,only needed a cleaning.
Excellent audio response for few dollars,have them at your shack.

Hector