Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | MFJ 33FT FIBERGLASS POLE Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ 33FT FIBERGLASS POLE
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: 33 FT. FIBERGLASS PLE EXTENDS TO 33 FT AND WEIGHS 3.3 LBS. GREAT FOR PORTABLE OPERATION.
More info: http://mfjenterprises.com

You can write your own review of the MFJ 33FT FIBERGLASS POLE.

W6QW Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2010 08:09 Send this review to a friend
Great as a vertical  Time owned: more than 12 months
I built a 40 meter 1/4 wave vertical using 3/4" copper tape inside the fiberglass tube (last 4 feet required a #22 wire because of the small tapered top section). Each section is taped/screwed together. With 30 radials, it works great - I consistently receive signal reports that are within an S-unit or two compared to yagi's up high over the long path to Europe or Africa.

The antenna has easily survived 50 mph winds (I'm on a mountain top) - it really bends but straightens up when the wind subsides. I plan on purchasing a few more for a phased vertical system. As such, I give it a 5 rating.

As a support for a dipole or inverted-V, you will need to use smaller gauge wire and raise the pole to a lower height as the fiberglass sections taper significantly. This is not the best solution for that type of support application.

W5VK Rating: 4/5 May 14, 2010 12:06 Send this review to a friend
Handy for portable antennas  Time owned: more than 12 months
I operate portable a lot. I have three of these telescopic poles (plus several other "fishing" type poles) and use them often. They are NOT appropriate for permanent installation but are great for temporary, light duty use. I rated it a 4 because it is VERY light weight for the top 6 feet. If I wanted a stronger/thicker pole I would pay more $$ and have heavier equipment to haul around when operating portable.