Reviews Categories | Ham Work Bench Tools & Test Equipment | Lincoln Power MIG 140C welder Help

Reviews Summary for Lincoln Power MIG 140C welder
Lincoln Power MIG 140C welder Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $625.00
Description: MIG/Flux-core 120VAC household power for simple DIY ham radio tower, transiever chasis, antenna projects and repair. Continuous voltage control, and wide 30-140 amp welding output range is the highest output in 120 volt input power welder class.
More info: http://www.lincolnelectric.com/

You can write your own review of the Lincoln Power MIG 140C welder.

AI6DX Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2009 22:37 Send this review to a friend
Additional info  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have to add a bit more since I bought this welder and have used it more.... As with ANY brand 120VAC welder, you really NEED a 20Amp outlet! With the welder set at it's highest voltage setting, it really sucks up the amps from the outlet and you might pop your circuit breaker. I used a 20amp plug without an extention cord and the outlet was directly behind my circuit breaker box. Set on the HIGHEST voltage setting, coupled with some weak ground clamp connection to the work, i popped the breaker 3 times.

What I had to do was make darn sure the metal to be welded was clean (no resistance) and the ground clamp cable was attached as close as possible to the work piece to limit the current resistance for the welder. Then it worked great and didn't pop the 20amp circuit breakers.

Also, if i just slightly backed off on the highest voltage setting, I never experienced any circuit breaker problems. The welder's manual does require a 20amp electrical outlet, but I think an RV style 30 amp with a plug adapter would be better.

I still love this machine!