Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Heil BM-10 HC-5 Help

Reviews Summary for Heil BM-10 HC-5
Heil BM-10 HC-5 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $110
Description: An ultra-lightweight, double-sided boomset that's ideal for portable use and long hours of operation. The BM-10 is available with the HC-5, HC-4 or iC element.
More info: http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/products/index.htm

You can write your own review of the Heil BM-10 HC-5.

G5FM Rating: 4/5 Dec 26, 2015 15:27 Send this review to a friend
electrically excellent; mechanically very poor  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had my BM-10 headset for less than a year now, and was very happy with it -- getting great audio reports (using a TS-590S); and very pleased with the 'open-ness' of the earphones -- for various reasons, I need something which allows me to hear anyone calling me whilst wearing the headset, and which also doesn't give me claustrophobic total acoustic isolation.
The BM-10 fits the bill perfectly.
HOWEVER -- [there's always a 'however', isn't there] -- after about ten months' daily use, the cheap and tatty plastic clip which holds the boom mic in place just fell apart. Just like that. Wasn't even putting any pressure on it. It just fell apart as I swung the microphone down in front of my mouth.
This must be a fairly common experience, because the replacement part required [Heil part# 'BM'] comes right at the top of the list given on their website.
Maybe in future they could provide three spares along with the headset on initial purchase; better still, maybe they could manufacture the clip in soft nylon, NOT cheap and brittle plastic.
Otherwise I would have rated this a 5-star product.
Are you listening, Heil ?

K4ELO Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2009 18:13 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very lightweight. Good sound. Perfect for the ssb operator who wants to use comfortable, lightweight headphones with a built in boom mic.

Wayne