Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Heights Fold Over Kits Help

Reviews Summary for Heights Fold Over Kits
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$2000 to $3000
Description: Fold over Kits for Heights self-supporting aluminum towers
More info: http://www.heightstowers.com/fold_over_kits.htm

You can write your own review of the Heights Fold Over Kits.

W0LWU Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2009 08:32 Send this review to a friend
impressive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered a Heights fold over kit and tower on 4-28-09. At the time I was told about a 10 week delivery time. (The tower arrived mid October) So be patient!!! They did ship the installation kit earlier so that I could get the concrete base poured and allow it to cure adequately before I erected the tower. I poured the base on 8-19-09 so the concrete cured for 2 months before I erected the tower. The tower is a massive thing that is really well engineered. Aligning the holes to bolt each section to the next required some drilling in order to get them to align. The only complaint I have is with the instructions that came with the electric motor & bracket to raise and lower the tower. The picture of the motor on the web site is what should have been used in the instruction manual. It is very easy to install it upside down and thus it will not work. After installing a 6 element tribander, a 6 and 2 meter 11 element beam and a vertical on the mast and a weather station at the 60 foot level, the motor just raised the tower without any difficulty! We have had high winds already and everything is the same as the day it went up.