Reviews Categories | Ham Repeater Controllers | ACC RC-85 repeater controller Help

Reviews Summary for ACC RC-85 repeater controller
ACC RC-85 repeater controller Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $850.00
Description: The RC-85 Repeater Controller is a complete control system for two-way repeater
stations. Itís everything needed between the repeaterís transmitter and receiver.
The controller serves the traditional repeater control requirements, and adds a
host of additional capabilities which make your repeater more useful. It
introduces the concept of remote programming, which permits changing the
repeaterís characteristics from anywhere using a Touch-Tone command set.
More info: http://www.accrepairs.com/

You can write your own review of the ACC RC-85 repeater controller.

WB5ITT Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2011 20:54 Send this review to a friend
The baby brother of the 850!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
ACC has been out of business for over a decade but its products still live on...cant argue about it..Link Comm bought the rights to the 850, 85 and 96 (but NOT the SM100 and other products..hmmm Ed?). I have owned a RC850 (sn 363) since 1984 and run the ACC list on Yahoogroups. LOVE the product and wish it was still being made (along with ROLM CBX Telephone switches!) Also have own an ITC-32, a RC85 mother board, a RC96 (the cousin to the RC85), and two SM100 Shackmasters...Yes, I am somewhat ACC poor huh? :) They DID as they promised and continue to do so....almost 30 years after their design (the RC850 was 1st after WA6AXX's 73Magazine article "the Talking Repeater Controller"). IF you own an ACC product, join us at Yahoogroups. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ACC and join up!

KM3W Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2011 06:40 Send this review to a friend
I love mine!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had an ACC RC-85 (with 5 remote bases) on my UHF (444.700) repeater since 1985-86 or so....it has worked flawlessly. I have seen many buddies higher priced controllers lock up and do all sort of strange things, but the ACC STILL cooks along after 25+ years!!!! If they were still in business, I'd buy another one or two tomorrow! In my opinion, they are the standard by which all others are judged. ACC RULES!! De KM3W, Chester, PA.

AD4U Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2009 11:36 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: months
I have three RC85's. One on each of my repeaters. They have been in continuous operation since 1989. The ONLY problem I ever had was due to a massive lightning strike at the 2 meter site, which took out 4 IC's in that RC85.

I realize these controllers were designed over 20 years ago, but IMO they still have the best sounding audio of any controller.

They are also very easy to program and the programming is logical. Not so with some of the newer controllers.