Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | degen 1123 pocket radio/ kaito 1123 Help

Reviews Summary for degen 1123 pocket radio/ kaito 1123
degen 1123 pocket radio/ kaito 1123 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $89.95
Description: fm stero -mw-sw...dsp receiver-mp3 player/digital recorder
fm 64.0-108.0 am 522-1710 sw 2.30-23.00
225 memoerysupport mp3 and wav...mini-usb...69hr storage

You can write your own review of the degen 1123 pocket radio/ kaito 1123.

KE9ZM Rating: 4/5 Oct 16, 2009 23:12 Send this review to a friend
Compelling feature is recording of 72 hrs of audio from any RX  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Summary:
Findings

1. I found that it is an excellent voice recorder. It has a build in Microphone and records at the proper bit rate for voice recording quality balanced against recorded file size. I use it extensively for recording conference calls which I attend daily for 3 to 5 hrs a day. I did not expect to use it for this purpose – and that it works as well as does is a surprise.
2. I use it to listen to recorded audio books. I read or listen to a couple of books a week. The DEG1123 is better than my undocked Apple iPod Touch since the DEGEN has a much better speaker than the internal speaker in the iPod Touch.
3. Of course, the prime use for which I purchased the DEGEN was to time shift radio programs which were not available as podcasts and for which I am not able to arrange “appointment listening”.
4. The ability to record 70 hrs of audio either directly from the radio (AM/FM/SW) or from the built-in microphone is the real real value of this $79 device.
5. Transferring files to/from a PC with the supplied USB cable is fast and easy
6. The AM/FM/SW radio section is acceptable. I live near Chicago with power-house radio stations. So reception on this radio is not a problem.
7. With the supplied 3 x 650 ma batteries the run time is about 18 hrs.
8. My biggest gripe is the audio record volume. When recording directly from the radio the actual recorded audio when played back is only 1/2 the volume level when recording. The only way to get around this is to plug the headphones in when recording and crank it up. Alternatively, post process the audio with a free open source program like Audacity and increase the volume.

You can read my detailed reviews here:

KWV8DA Rating: 4/5 Jun 23, 2009 16:09 Send this review to a friend
pocket friend...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
this 1123 is great to use for me, as i can record sw
programs on my 1121, and listen later on the 1123. this little pocket radio is simple to use. i would not want this as my main recording radio. fm is the weakest band for me. am dsp can be clicky, but sometimes it has a clear sound. am slightly above average. sw is the best band on my 1123. got mine 70.00 delivered from e-bay multi-meter store, received in 4 days...free shipping. i highly recommend this radio as a pocket radio shack, that goes anywhere.