Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Icom IC-24 AT Help

Reviews Summary for Icom IC-24 AT
Icom IC-24 AT Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Dual band HT
More info: http://www.icomamerica.com/

You can write your own review of the Icom IC-24 AT.

N2SLO Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2001 18:45 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Little radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned my IC-24AT since 1991. I currently use it with a HM-46 Icom speaker mike, and run the radio through a Mirage B-310G 100 watt amplifier. The radio has excellent receive features, and I have been told many times my audio is excellent. My only negative is that the spurious rejection could be better. I use a Comet GP-9 vertical, and a Cubex 4 element beam, and the pre-amp on the amplifier adds plenty of noice.

Overall, I would never sell this HT, and will use the current set-up (radio and amp) as a back-up when I order my Icom 746.

KD5JFR Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2001 00:08 Send this review to a friend
Oldie but a goodie  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had two that had been around the block and then some before I ever got them. Simple to operate. Can't beat the size. One finally puked inside and died. The other is my "mobile" transciever in the truck. I hooked it to a Mirage dual band amp and threw on a plain olde speaker mic. It works great. For the money I can't say I've ever done better. They're getting old so good ones are getting harder to find. But if you find a good one, grab it. Batteries are a cinch to rebuild.

VE7BGP Rating: 5/5 May 6, 2000 22:08 Send this review to a friend
Great older HT  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Icom 24AT dual band handheld dual band handie introduced ten years ago is still The one. I have had mine 8 years and don't think of trading it for the newer handhelds. The only problem I have had in 8 years of owning this great little radio is that the external power jack had to be replaced partly my fault for using cheap Radio Shack plug and making up my own d.c. power cord. I now use the correct Icom cord. I am suprised that there has not been a review on this great little Handie so I will be first. I really like this handie is easy to use and has a great wide band receiver which also has good intermod rejection. It is like having a scanner and ht in one. If you can find one of these radios in good shape I think you will be glad they were a great handie in there day. 73 Gerry VE7BGP