Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Alpha Radio Products Support Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Radio Products Support
Alpha Radio Products Support Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $110
Description: For support on ALL non-warranty amplifiers Alpha Radio Products offers you the following options:
Fill out the trouble shooting request form and resolve your issue via email.
Request an RA number and send your equipment in for repair.
Call Alpha and use our phone support service. Phone support service calls are billed at $110 per hour calculated to the minute, minimum charge of 15 minutes ($27.50).
More info: http://www.alpharadioproducts.com/support.asp

You can write your own review of the Alpha Radio Products Support.

VK3FT Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2011 06:30 Send this review to a friend
Email Fault Resolution  Time owned: more than 12 months
After 14 years of fault free operation my Alpha 87a began displaying a fault 20. I contacted Alpha and they provided advice on how to resolve a fault 20 which I carried out. At the time I decided to clean and upgrade my Alpha and fitted the AlphaMax and AlphaRemote. I was then presented with fault 17. After a number of emails to Molly and Glenn at Alpha and following their advice I managed to get my old (1993) Alpha back in working order. Their email service is second to none. Here is a copy of the last email I sent. "Congratulations to you both, your diagnosis of the 87a with fault 17 was spot on. I pulled the covers off 4 times and finally found the smallest (2 pin connector - off one pin!!!!) in Tube Desk that I had mis-connected.

Amp is now fully functional with Alpha-Max working.

Thank you both for your patience and your expertise in helping getting my old BUT great 87a back in service.

Your service is the BEST!!!

best regards Keith VK3FT"

W3JK Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2009 08:16 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased 2 Alpha 87A's from 2 different sources. They both were in good condition and since I am new to this amplifier, I called Alpha support regarding some questions that I had. They were very good at answering my basic high-level questions and also pointing me in the right direction.
After a couple of weeks of use of both the amps, I found some minor points and scheduled an appointment with Alpha. They charged me for the time and it was very well spent. I resolved 3 different minor issues, that I wouldnt have known. I have since ordered a replacement blower/fan for one of the 87a's.
I am very happy and I now know the amplifier in a better way and what to look for in case of any issues. For anyone buying an used alpha and want to know that their amp works good or perform minor fixes to it, the paid support service is the way to go. They are very good at it and great at resolving your issues. Its your $100 extremely well spent.
Alpha's support model makes my used amp almost at par with new amps due to the availabilty of support.

Regards,