Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | Paris-Dakar digital clock Help

Reviews Summary for Paris-Dakar digital clock
Paris-Dakar digital clock Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $30.00
Description: A small, 11.6-16vdc digital clock on adjustable mount.
More info: http://www.cruisingelectronics.co.nz/page21.html

You can write your own review of the Paris-Dakar digital clock.

AA6CC Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2010 08:47 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT 24 HOUR SHACK CLOCK  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been looking for a 24 hour format fluorescent shack for a long time. LCD clocks just don't cut it in a darkened shack. This clock has a green fluorescent display which is crisp, easy to see and pleasant on the eyes. Red displays are just too hard and fuzzy after most folks reach middle age. This is a quartz controlled clock for accuracy, operates on 12V, you can select either "high" or "low" brightness, and wire it for a 12V back-up power function if needed. I bought 2 and use one for local time and one for GMT. I use a 12V wall wart wired into a Radio Shack small plastic project box. I also removed the mounting brackets and put small stick-on feet on the clocks. They are very accurate and easy to look at. They look a lot better in the shack than the picture...nice gray panel and black case. The only thing missing is an "Atomic Time" function. As previous review said, seller is in New Zeland and is easy to work with, ships fast, and I had no import fees on either of the two I bought. Avilable on E-bay or direct. Very happy with clocks I can see easily.

KC1JB Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2009 09:26 Send this review to a friend
Simple, functional clock with bright display  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been hunting for two years for a clock to fit a grab-n-go station -- something I could fasten to the shelves and wire into my shack's 13.8-volt system. I found free-standing LCD types unsatisfactory, especially under poor lighting. And too many LED-based clocks only show 12 hours, not 24, and required AC. (The clock's voltage range actually is 11.6-16 vdc.)

I stumbled across this gem about two weeks ago and ordered it. Yes, it came from a boating-accessory supplier in New Zealand. But it arrived within seven days (to Massachusetts). It fits the bill nearly perfectly. Nearly, because being wired directly into the shack 13.8v system, I have to reset it at the beginning of each operating session. But that's less than a minor inconvenience.

Besides, I have two whopping AGM batteries on standby should the power fail. So if I want the clock to run continuously, I can just keep one of my AGM batteries in the loop.

So I give the clock a 5 because it fits the simplicity and display type I wanted. The $30.00 price above is an estimate. Exchange rates are involved. My unit cost $28.00 and change (US), shipping charges included. The vendor, who was great to work with, requests that overseas buyers email first for a price quote.