Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | M2 20M5LGS HIGH PERFORMANCE YAGI Help

Reviews Summary for M2 20M5LGS HIGH PERFORMANCE YAGI
M2 20M5LGS HIGH PERFORMANCE YAGI Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1,294.00
Description: THE 20M2LGS (LITE) IS A BRAND NEW 5 ELEMENT 20M YAGI ON A 50 FOOT BOOM.GAIN, FULL BAND 8.6 dbd.
More info: http://www.m2inc.com/index2.html

You can write your own review of the M2 20M5LGS HIGH PERFORMANCE YAGI.

K9RX Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2017 05:30 Send this review to a friend
Superb antenna!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I call my antenna a 20M5LGS-100 as it was born of an older 20M5. The former is rated at 85 Mph whereas the latter is rated at 100Mph and I happen to find 2 of them used in great condition (one new in the box!). I added a section of 3" OD 1/16" wall tubing using a splice (write me for details) to extend the boom and duplicated the dimensions of the LGS. I then installed the first antenna at 37' on a 'test tower' and range tested it! When modeled the antenna has fantastic results. The key when relating model results to actual is the FB peak - find that and the actual antenna can be shifted to meet the modeled results. When testing a 15M6DX this way it was found the actual antenna was way high with the FB/pk at 21375 (but with nearly exact same results re the model - just shifted). The 20M5LGS on the other hand was an exact duplicate of the model with the center point of the FB Peak being 14175. The only change I found was I lengthened the hairpin by 1" and the SWR curve improved noticeably. The SWR is no worse than 1.3:1 across the band. I have two of these stacked at 135/75 and use a RemoteQTH (dot com) one2two match (see my review) which provides BIP,TOP,BOTTOM, BOP for superb overall performance.

9K2GS Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2009 10:12 Send this review to a friend
Best of the Best  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you are looking for a big signal this is the antenna. Its been optimized for best forward gain,Front to back and Front to side. SWR is 1:04 at 14170.0 and 1:17 at end of the band.

Thank You Mike K6MYC for the great Job.