Reviews Categories | Microphones | Yaesu MH-34 hand mic Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu MH-34 hand mic
Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $31.95
Description: Accessory microphone designed for Yaesu HTs

You can write your own review of the Yaesu MH-34 hand mic.

K4IRC Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2013 17:22 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I don't understand complaints about this mic. It is sturdy but small and outlasts other speaker mics made by a three letter company...plastic deteriorates on them but not on the Yaesu. Yes, it's small but isn't that why you buy one of them? Spend a few bucks more and get this one over others.

K6LCS Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2011 10:31 Send this review to a friend
Quality, Durability ...  Time owned: more than 12 months
One should never think a speaker-mic will necessarily be LOUDER than a radio's internal mic. It is the fact that you can clip a speaker-mic up on your shoulder - closer to your ear - that makes them more useful under noisy conditions. This is a nicely-made small-sized speaker mic, with a 3.5mm (1/8") jack on the bottom for an earpiece (plugging anything in to this jack cuts off the mic's speaker). I have used one of these on my satellite demo setup for more than five years - no problems whatsoever.

VE4CHT Rating: 3/5 Dec 8, 2011 09:01 Send this review to a friend
I got what I paid for!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For $30, it does the job. Usually, one buys a speaker mic because they are typically louder than the radio's built-in speaker. This one is not. It also does not seem rugged in any sense. Bumping up against a tree would likely do it in.

W5IPA Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2011 18:31 Send this review to a friend
great for portable  Time owned: more than 12 months
i have had this mic on my ft-60 for 5 year with no problem with audio levels. used for hiking,camping and air moblie

KD0LAC Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2010 19:39 Send this review to a friend
Small, but perfect for specific use.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have to give it 5 stars. The primary reason I bought this for my FT-60 HT was for hiking fishing and mountain biking. Its light weight and small foot print add negligible weight and mass to my pack, or to the shoulder strap on my pack when it is attached. I'm not an ultra light packer, but every ounce counts when you are adding radio gear to your more critical food/water/clothing must have's. It's also nice to have gear that you forget you are wearing, even if it's just around the house. I can't comment on how long it would last with daily use, mine is too new, and is only a part-time accessory, but the quality is as expected (good). If you don't need or want a full size speaker mic hanging off of yourself, there's nothing wrong with this one IMO.

Cheers,
KD0LAC

KC9PFH Rating: 2/5 Jul 6, 2009 09:03 Send this review to a friend
Disappointing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Definately a disapointment. First, this thing is TINY. Looks like a kid's toy, and way too small for my large hands.

Receive audio is noticably softer and more distorted than the built in speaker. I have not had any complaints on the transmit audio, but I only used this once.

It has a nice cord. I'll probably eventually find a better microphone to attach to it. Shame on Yaesu for putting their good name on this POS.