Reviews Categories | Microphones | Astatic D104 upgrade kit Help

Reviews Summary for Astatic D104 upgrade kit
Astatic D104 upgrade kit Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $15.00
Description: This is a kit to get low end response from the classic D104 mic. It works very well. It replaces the crystal mic element with a condenser element. This kit was designed by Robert Langston W2ENY
More info: http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze3rys4/D104Replacement/

You can write your own review of the Astatic D104 upgrade kit.

K4CWO Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2013 13:13 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed the upgrade kit in my D-104 today (TUG8 base). Tested great on HF, even got a sound byte sent back to me (wav file) from a fellow ham on 40m.
Then tested same on VHF FM simplex with a fellow local ham and it sounded great to him. As with ANY condenser element, cut the mic gain way back to keep from over driving the audio. NO PROCESSING.

KB1SIC Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2011 01:54 Send this review to a friend
wonderful upgrade  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received the kit and installed it in 10 minutes.Best thing since sliced bread.D104 looks great and now sounds great.

DJ0RD Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2010 08:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Kit with Great Support  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The D-104 was made in many versions, but the support in puzzling my version out was superb. Works great on my Elecraft K3. The audio is excellent.

KI4DTB Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2010 06:14 Send this review to a friend
Great & cheap  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Am using a d-104 and the w2eny electret mod with a pro2. This inexpensive kit comes with very full instructions with the kit. It is a great match for Icom rigs. I am getting good reports on the air, and AxB testing in comparision with the hc-5 cartridge of my proset plus yields friends reports that they can hear very little difference between the two. This is a best buy and a real keeper in the shack. 73. Doug

W8EZI Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2009 16:58 Send this review to a friend
Great improvement in audio quality for my old D104  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The instructions to install this kit are very clear with pictures. I installed it just as the picture instructed me. I got immediate feedback from the gang I talk with on 75 meters. They reported that I gained the low end response that the D104 is famous for missing.