Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | microHAM USB Interface III Help

Reviews Summary for microHAM USB Interface III
microHAM USB Interface III Reviews: 25 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $199.95
Description: The USB interface III includes full optical isolation of all control signals (radio control, CW, PTT and Squelch) and built-in USB soundcard with front panel level controls for transmit via your transceiver's Accessory audio input and the constant level (pre-volume control) audio output.
More info: http://microham.com/index1.html

You can write your own review of the microHAM USB Interface III.

N4XYZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2014 16:00 Send this review to a friend
Great Interface  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my interface packaged well. It has a DVD with the install software plus the manual. Instructions were clear and easy to follow. I have used the interface with just two programs but I am primarily an FLDIGI user. The interface works great and takes advantage of FLDIGI right channel CW keying and FSK. Plan to use it at home and on the road when I am RV portable.

SY1AKE Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2014 09:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent interface that works!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The usb interface 3 it is grate addition to my station and I thing to any station. With a reasonable price you can get it and you have a reliable device for any digital mode.
Dependent to software you can see differences to the performance at CW mode.
Will be wonderful if the microham company make a good and reliable software to cover all the modes and the customer will not need to make experiments with many different of them also will help that for the setup to any transceiver.
You don't need to remove, plug and unplug any cable depended on the using mode, like other companies interfaces. The drivers, the company interface software, everything works outstanding.

K5FNQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2014 05:28 Send this review to a friend
What a great little box  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the Microham USB III after giving up on the Rigblaster Pro for use with my FT5000, HRD 6.x and DM 780. I just could not get the COM port requirements figured out with a USB only computer (even using two USB to Serial converters). I researched other similar units (Timewave PK 232, etc) but this was the only one for which I received a guaranty from the supplier that it would work as intended. In ordering, one selects the Transceiver being used to get the proper cabling. The cabling was perfect with the FT5000 ( all leads were labeled and all were there). I am now able to use my rig with HRD and DM780 for RTTY, PSK (and CW if you want to go that route). I highly recommend it.
Art K5FNQ

NT9E Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2014 21:18 Send this review to a friend
Works as expected!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have owned this for about 11 months and it replaced my original microHAM microKEYER. The original microKEYER offered to do a lot off stuff I did not need so I downsized and bought the USB III. It does CAT, FSK RTTY, and all my soundcard modes. It even provided computer CW keying for contest logging programs. Highly recommended! 10 Thumbs Up!

ZS6EGB Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2013 08:10 Send this review to a friend
Great Interface  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had this interface for while. seen the equipement from another Ham. bought the USB interface III but the cable is for FT 1000MP. Is it possible to convert the cable to an Icom 746pro version. Want to know if someone have done this before and how to go about.
R/ds, Emil ZS6EGB

AD5VJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2013 14:43 Send this review to a friend
Doesnt get any easier than this  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is awesome, best money Ive invested in the hobby in a while.

I have an FT-1000D which I just swapped over to from an FT-1000MPMKV. I was using all digital modes and of course CW and some voice. Contesting was fun and had a blast on the digital modes.

After the FT-1000D was put in place the fun stopped. I started getting a tremendous amount of noise in my audio transmissions.

After investigating found the noise was only there when I had my digital interface and rig controller hooked up.

Looked into grounding and RF issues and nothing. Got frustrated and just quite operations for a while except for an occational DX contact or so.

Then I was put on the micrHAM Micro Keyer USBIII interface by a friend of mine who had the same rig hooked up to his station.

Within 1 hour of readying the manual and just a quick plug and play. I had N1MM, DXLABS, logger32 and HRD configured and playing.

BACK ON THE AIR WITH A FLAIR!!!!

I am so happy with the isolation techniques and the ease of setup with this design.

GOOD JOB FELLAS,
Bob AD5VJ

KC0YNP Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2012 19:56 Send this review to a friend
It's a great one.  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my first interface, and to be honest I let it set on my desk for over a year, frustrated that I couldn't initially get my radio to transmit. I finally broke down and read the user manual for it, HamRadioDeluxe, and Digital Master 780. After a few hours of careful reading, I was transmitting and receiving just fine or so I thought until I noticed the CW light on as well as the PTT light. Plus, I thought I had some splatter at the beginning of my transmissions.

However,since I had already sunk low enough to read user manuals, I sunk all the way and gave the microHAM folks an email. This was about 9:30 at night. I got my first response at 2:30 AM, no fooling, and had to wait until I got home from work to try the fix.

Joe, W4TB, made a suggestion or two and had to follow up with another suggestion. Turns out, I just had one or two more settings to make or change before my signal was super clean. The "splatter" was the RSI being sent by DM 780. One checkbox too many. User error...again. The CW light was because of a balance setting. Too many dang manuals. The microHAM user guide was the easiest to follow.

I recommend the product and the SUPER customer support.

K1AVE Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2012 08:55 Send this review to a friend
Top notch - Well worth the money.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have two - The first one went on the FT-990 and the other shares the FT-450D and FT-817. Easy to set up on Win XP - just follow the instructions. If you have a problem or question, the tech support is quick and helpful. Not cheap, but the quality is apparent both in the interface and the cables.

AK6ZZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2012 06:19 Send this review to a friend
Easy to setup works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased my MicroHam USB III from a ham in Texas who no longer required it. I took it out of the box read the instructions and followed them exactly. Within about two hours had the thing running. I needed to get my configuration adjusted for my K3 but now it is running perfectly. I made my first digital QSO ever last night.

I spent many hours of frustration with the Rigblatter Advantage and could never get it to work properly. It had too many issues to mention. The beauty of this setup was the custom cables that came for the K3 and the very straightforward instructions.

I am extremely pleased so far. Now the next complex step will be to get my LP Panadapter integrated with this system with LP Bridge for NAP3. One step at a time. It is nice to have something work as advertised.

PD2R Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2012 14:35 Send this review to a friend
Works fine  Time owned: more than 12 months
Haven been using the USB III interface for some years now and it still works flawlesly with my K3.
The cable to connect it to the K3 is well build with good connectors.
I have also used other Microham products and never had a problem. Good stuff.