Reviews Categories | Ham Call Sign Accessories | Ham Plaques Help

Reviews Summary for Ham Plaques
Ham Plaques Reviews: 19 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$40.00 and up
Description: Quality carved callsign and organizational wooden plaques.
More info: http://www.hamplaques.com

You can write your own review of the Ham Plaques.

AG7EZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2014 11:16 Send this review to a friend
License frame  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ditto al the other more detailed positive comments. After getting the run round at the local Michael's craft store when I tried to get a mat cut for an old picture frame, I found this site from the eham reviews. A week later and my new Extra Vanity license is on the wall. The frame is beautiful, nicely figured wood. The workmanship is outstanding and the FCC license is a perfect fit. If you are interested in a frame to display your license this is it!

K3DCW Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2014 13:14 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful piece of work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Seeing some reviews on here for Bill’s (K5YRT) service, I decided to give his website a look, and after some browsing I decided to order a plaque and a QSL chest from Bill.

I ordered the laser-cut Shack Plaque with the french diamond background. I also ordered the 3-bay XL QSL Card storage chest. Despite being in the middle of travel, Bill was responsive and within a day I had examples of the engraving that he was going to do. He worked with me to get the custom wording and the design “just right.” After a few back and forth emails, I agreed to the design and 7 days later I had both in my possession.

The Shack Plaque is a beautiful piece of work. You can see examples on his website, but you can also see the work displayed at ARRL HQ for W100AW (look up the call to see the plaque). While truly just a vanity piece in the shack, it adds a very nice touch of class and is something that I will enjoy for as long as I am an amateur.

The QSL chest is also top-notch and the engraving was perfect. I ended up choosing the “plain” text style, but Bill sent several examples to make sure I got exactly what I wanted. The inside of the chest is lined with a soft material and the outside is polished to a beautiful hue. While I have nowhere near enough cards to fill it, I can also use it to store my own QSL cards in the meantime. The QSL chest sits beautifully on my shelf and I am very proud to have it.

I cannot recommend strongly enough the work done by Bill. His communication, rapid delivery and quality of work all surpassed my expectations and I would not hesitate to order from him again. I would give 6 stars if I could!

N7KFD Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2014 20:44 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful Frame  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a license frame and I must echo what others have said, Bill did an outstanding job. Craftsmanship is excellent and had in less than a week. Price was very reasonable considering the quality.

K2JF Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2013 10:59 Send this review to a friend
great on top of the rig  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bill created this beautiful call sign desk wedge with white lettering against a black background with some stars and stripes framing my call sign. It looks great on my Icom 756 Pro III - sitting right on top of it adding a nice splash of that red to really jazz things up.

W1CBY Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2012 10:35 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful Hand Crafted Frame looks great in the Shack!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I got a chance to see Bill at Dayton Hamfest this Year. All of his items are first class and would look great in your Ham shack or anywhere in your house. I had just upgraded to Extra class and decided I wanted to Display my license on the wall. So I ordered the License Frame. I received it very quickly and the quality is excellent. It looks great in the shack and goes nicely with my call sign Plaque that he made, that the XYL got me for my Birthday last year. I now have my eye on one of his QSL chests. If you are looking for the best in hand carved wood accessories Bill's products are a must!

N4TD Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2012 04:52 Send this review to a friend
Great Product and Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am very pleased with my recently purchased license frame. The frame looks great and the form, fit, and finish are outstanding. The on-line ordering process and email notifications were excellent. I even recieved the order faster than I expected.

K4TJD Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2011 03:39 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding product and service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the club plaque for QRP-ARCI. The workmanship and wood quality is super. Bill was a pleasure to deal with and the product came extremely well packaged to avoid shipping damage. I highly recommend this product and company.

W7SAG Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2011 10:36 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Quality and Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the QSL chest from Ham Plaques because I was so happy with my license frame. I ordered from Bill and had the finished product within a week. Bill is a gentleman and a pleasure to work with. He takes great pains to make sure the finished product is perfect and follows up to make sure that you are completely satisfied. I highly recommend Bill's products. The finished products are even better than the pictures on the web site show. If you want an heirloom quality product, Bill is your guy!

KC9MXM Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2011 07:15 Send this review to a friend
fantastic !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My wife got me a call sign plaque for fathers day. It is fantastic!! You can't beat the quality of the work !!

KI6IAB Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2011 20:59 Send this review to a friend
Great service, great product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bill was awesome. I ordered both the HAM and GROL frames, and I was shocked when I received them - they looked so much better than the already amazing photos I'd seen online. Bill was actually traveling the week of my request, but made time to keep in touch and let me know when he could get started on project, and when he'd ship them out. Beautiful workmanship. I'm totally impressed, to say the least!