Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | FDC FD-288A Help

Reviews Summary for FDC FD-288A
FDC FD-288A Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $$70.00
Description: Inexpensive 2m or 70cm HT
More info: http://www.feidaxin.com/en/listproduct.asp?ID=301

You can write your own review of the FDC FD-288A.

SIBI Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2010 08:43 Send this review to a friend
great price/performance ratio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the FD-268B which is the same with the FD-288A (268b has different housing and is rainproof). The product is surprisingly good for the money paid.

I faced the same charger explosion problem but I found what's causing it:
The radio comes with a docking station and a power supply. The problem is that the power supply provided is 12volt while at the manual it is clearly stated to use 6.6-9volt dc power supply. So use a 9volt power supply and everything will be ok, the docking station won't get hot anymore.

SV1ENS Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2010 05:23 Send this review to a friend
excellent and yet economical - But BEWARE of the Charger !!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
As I have already commented, the HT itself is great, real value for money !

HOWEVER BEWARE of the charger that the radio comes with !!!

The first P/S blew up taking the entire house power off line !! The dealer replaced it with a new set of P/S, Docking station and battery. Second P/S heated too much, removed it before it blew up, the second Docking Station failed with lot's of smoke, I'm now using the original D/S with a Yaesu 12V P/S, I "fixed" the D/S with my dremel so now the HT fits properly to charge, but I also need to "fix" the main regulating transistor so it doesn't heatup so much as to fail as the other one did !!!

So final word... BEWARE of the P/S and D/S !!!

SV1ENS Rating: 4/5 Dec 21, 2009 12:36 Send this review to a friend
excellent and yet economical  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Another value package by Feidaxin, excellent audio, good receiver, full 5W, small size, nice modern battery !
Negatives for me are the missing alphanumeric memories, the poor keyboard lighting and the missing external power jack ! Also the charger witch blew up first ever charge (the charger is just a generic 12V switching p/s made by somebody else, in any case it was replaced by the vendor), also the docking station is measured for the model without the keyboard which makes this radio a very tight fit !
Once again, compared to a mainstream HT it's a bargain at about 1/3 the price of the "western" competition ! I use it on the field where this tough little radio fits really nicely !!

N5ACK Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2009 18:29 Send this review to a friend
Surprised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a no-frills HT you can get for either 2m or 70cm. No DTMF, no auto repeater offset, the display is a bit small, but hey, so is the radio. There, I got the bad stuff out of the way. Now let me say the sound quality is just as good as my VX-170 and transmit sound quality is actually better. It's about the same size as a VX-6R. Comes with Li-Ion battery, (unlike the FD-150A, it's bigger cousin which is about $15.00 cheaper, but comes with Ni-Mh battery). I would have given it a 4.5, but 'ya can't, so I had to give it a 5 to be fair.