Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | G4HFQ Radio Programming software for Yaesu Help

Reviews Summary for G4HFQ Radio Programming software for Yaesu
Reviews: 10 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $15.00
Description: Memory management for various Yaesu HT and mobile radios; download from USA website
More info: http://g4hfq.co.uk/

You can write your own review of the G4HFQ Radio Programming software for Yaesu.

M1CXF Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2013 15:24 Send this review to a friend
Excellent is the only word I can use  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using Bob's software for a long time now and it has saved me many hours of sitting in front of a radio becoming mind numbed programming the memories.
I have programmed my ft-8800 to have all UK v/uhf repeaters in alphabetical order in both sides of the radio, this means I can travel anywhere in the UK and know I have correct frequencies and coding for whichever repeater I am near.
I couldn't have done this without this software.

AE5J Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2012 08:45 Send this review to a friend
Great Products / Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
What more can be said? Bob writes very efficient software that simply works as advertised. His prices are spot on. Great value for the dollar (or pound). Just yesterday, after suffering a disk crash that necessitated replacing the HDD, I discovered I had lost the backup copy of the registration code for FTBasicMMO. I sent Bob an e-mail and first thing this morning received a gracious reply with the needed information. It doesn't get much better than that. Thanks Bob.

VE9TS Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2012 20:32 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic software ..  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had this software for awhile now and I think its fantastic! I'm always working with my two 7900r's and G4HFQ's software (FTB-7900) makes it all very easy and fun to do. I haven't had any problems with the software. It has a lot to offer at a very reasonable price.

KJ4YOJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2012 12:25 Send this review to a friend
Works flawlessly, and for only $15!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought G4HFQ's software for my VX-8DR. It is extremely easy to use, and I have had NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER. I currently have 937 frequencies programmed in my radio, and other than it being very time consuming, it couldn't have been easier. I just bought a VX-3R and plan to buy his VX-3R software as well.

Paul KJ4YOJ

KJ4YOJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2012 18:15 Send this review to a friend
Works flawlessly, and for only $15!  Time owned: more than 12 months

Paul KJ4YOJ

DB1ULI Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2011 05:31 Send this review to a friend
Price&Service&Quality top notch!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi all!
Bob's products are perfect and priced in a way which I would call that's HAM Spirit. He responses very fast, shipping is also done the same way the product was ordered. A 5.5 from my point of view!
Uli

KJ3P Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2011 10:48 Send this review to a friend
Great Software and Support!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

What's even better than the software (and it's great!) is the support and personal touch. I downloaded the software, but I also ordered the suggested Maxton USB/DIN cable with the high-speed USB chip the same day. I ordered it on a Tuesday, G4HFQ persoanlly tested and shipped the same day. I received the cable a mere six days later here in the States. What service!

And I'm sure many of us have been "saved" by G4HFQ's investigation into which USB cable works best. His price for the cable, by the way, including shipping, was about half the cost of buying it at some ham store. To say that I'm satisfied is a gross understatement.

I've also used the Maxton USB cable to install Yaesu's firmware upgrades for the FTM-350R. Works like a charm.

I bought the software for the FTM-350R, and it's simplicity itself to use. A bonus I hadn't realized is that most of the various radio settings (display, scan type, etc.) can also be set up with the software. It really helps to see all the settings at a glance, as opposed to button-pushing on the radio to see one at a time.

By the way, G4HFQ's support seems to extend to the various Yaesu groups of Yahoo. He knows his way around these radios!

--Jim, KJ3P

W6GEE Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2011 11:51 Send this review to a friend
Easy to use and great features!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After agonizing with ADMS software with previous rigs, I decided to try this software out for my new FT 8800R. I figured I'd have nothing to lose, especially with the low cost of this software, and how poorly ADMS performed for me in the past.

Long story short is that this software works VERY well and has some excellent programming features. I no longer have to wait for the proper moon cycle for this software to work as I did with ADMS.

KJ4PKO Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2010 15:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Software and Great Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased a VX-8R and wanted to use programming software instead of spending hours programming manually. I looked at the RT Systems software and it looked good, but the price was too high so I kept looking. Through some Google searches I found the G4FHQ software and thought “what can I lose, its only $15”. I bought the software and little later the USB programming cable off eBay. The program works flawlessly; it allows you to program a variety of different flavors of VX-8Rs. I currently have about 235 memories (adding more all the time) and I couldn’t imagine doing it by hand. I would encourage anyone who has a VX-8R to buy this software.

Samuel, KJ4PKO

W1ZAP Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2009 08:47 Send this review to a friend
The only way to ride  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I ordered this software to use with my Yaesu FT-7800R. It caught my attention because of the reasonable price and because of comments by other customers with whom I have spoken.
When I ran into a problem (my own ignorance, not the software!) I e-mailed Bob Freeth G4HFQ and he responded quickly and offered friendly assistance which resolved the problem.
Let's see...well thought out programming software for a complex radio, great price, personal customer service from the author...I am highly satisfied and recommend this to Yaesu users.
Key point - you will have to make or acquire your radio/PC interface cable elsewhere.