Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | David Clark H10-36 Headset Help

Reviews Summary for David Clark H10-36 Headset
David Clark H10-36 Headset Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $259.95
Description: Designed for helicopter use the H10-36 with some modifications is ideal for ham radio.
More info: http://davidclark.com

You can write your own review of the David Clark H10-36 Headset.

WZ1P Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2009 10:42 Send this review to a friend
A Good Project Headset  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I needed a good high quality headset for ham radio portable use that not only had great earphone sound attenuation but microphone attenuation as well. The David Clark H10-36 headset offers 24db headphone attenuation for ambient noise and 120db microphone attenuation for background noise. Just bought a 7 million dollar helicopter? Your not going anywhere without a pair of these!

I modified this headset. I changed out the 300ohm speakers with Heil Improved Traveler 8ohm speakers. I then fabricated a connector cable using a Heil Stealth 8 pin connector for Icom and a Nexus U-94A/U military push to talk switch. I also have a connector that uses the David Clark Body Switch for extreme weather situations. The result is just the finest pair of Icom headphones money can buy.

The David Clark M-1/DC amplified dynamic microphone that uses the Icom 8v 'phantom voltage' from the radio is just a DX dream on SSB. Undercut gel ear cushions, cloth earpad covers, mic. windsock, comfort headcushion,and about twenty different features makes this headset the king. The microphone even has a built in adjustable audio gain circuit.

I bought a plain vanilla David Clark H10-40 aviation headset in 1981 when I started flying. Thay are still in 100% condition. Even the gel earcushions have not cracked or dried out. Thats 29 years of good service. Now you understand why I started with David Clark products when I wanted a superb ham headset. This might be a nice shack project for you. I did a demonstration of this setup at the Icom display (Dayton 2009) on an Icom 7700 which the hams loved. I built three of them and have a hard time keeping one for myself. Hey maybe a new cottage industry. (hi-hi)

73, Dan WZ1P