Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Array Solutions RATPak Help

Reviews Summary for Array Solutions RATPak
Array Solutions RATPak Reviews: 32 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $299.00
Description: 6 way remote antenna switch QRO++ rated DC to 6 meters
More info: http://www.arraysolutions.com

You can write your own review of the Array Solutions RATPak.

KY6R Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2014 21:51 Send this review to a friend
Home Run  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The relays in this switch will give you all the full power confidence you will need. The switch is built like a tank, and both the power handling ability and the port isolation is much better than some "lesser brands".

Sold and serviced by some of the nicest guys you could want to do business with.

Top notch all the way around.

VE4AMN Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2014 20:29 Send this review to a friend
Smooth as silk  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use the 6 pole version to switch among the rigs in my shack. It operates flawlessly and cleaned up a rats nest (no pun intended) of switches and lines. Good isolation and quite easy to set up. I plan to order another unit to replace my aging Heathkit external electronic switch.

K6RIM Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2013 07:17 Send this review to a friend
The Best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Owned for around 12 years.

Top quality product and absolute top-drawer company. Best of the best on both counts!

K2MK Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2013 11:47 Send this review to a friend
How to clean up a rat's nest of cables  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the RatPak for use inside the shack. I can now choose between my 4 antennas and dummy load with a single smart looking switch at the operating position while the actual cable switching takes place hidden away from view. Superb workmanship. Very heavy duty.

Two of my antennas (BigIR vertical and 6 meter yagi) share one coax run and are switched remotely using the TwoPak Plus switch package. The TwoPak Plus utilizes 12 volts over the coax to activate a remote relay. A pre-sale e-mail to Bob gave me the answer of how to integrate this feature into the RatPak by merely adding a diode across two adjacent terminals in the control box. Now when I switch to my 6 meter antenna 12 volts is sent to the TwoPak Plus Bias-T box and two LEDs are lit on the RatPak control box. One LED to indicate which coax is active (Vertical) and the other LED to indicate that the TwoPak Plus is supplied with remote power (6 Meter). A perfect solution.

An inexpensive 8 position Cinch Jones style plug and socket from Mouser Electronics near the control box permits the control box to be quickly separated from the cables going to the station power supply and the relay box. The control box also has a fuse on its circuit board which is comforting when connecting up to a 35 amp station power supply.

WB4IVF Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2013 02:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Heavy Duty Switch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna switch is high quality throughout as noted by other reviewers, and works flawlessly. I also got the AS-8SP surge suppressor. I plan to get another RATPak for switching between radios. Bob W5OV answered all of my questions immediately. Great company to deal with!

N2EHG Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2012 01:25 Send this review to a friend
great unit  Time owned: more than 12 months
Wanted to follow up with a long term review, i've had the unit for some time now and it's always worked great, like all my ArraySolutions gear. I have 2 RATPak's one I use outside to switch various antennas, the other inside to distribute amongst various radio's.

These units are built like a tank, never had any problems.

K4ELO Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2012 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Very good product  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Yes, it's a little pricey but very good value compared to the competition. High quality and solidly built.

In service almost a year and no problems. Just does it's job very well.

KO0Q Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2011 06:49 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for about 2 years out in the cold and snow of Minnesota. It works flawlessly. I connected a oil filled dummy load to an unused input and left it all outside. Really nice to keep the cables to a minimum in the shack.

K4BP Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2008 14:32 Send this review to a friend
GREAT switches  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 2 RatPak's and 3 Stack Matches. All have been in use from 1-4 years without without the first glitch of any kind. Would I recommend them, YES! With more antennas in the plans I'll be purchasing more myself. I also really like my Power Master by WX0B. Thanks for the great products Jay!!

K3VW Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2008 15:00 Send this review to a friend
Great relay box !!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Jay's relay box and it performed flawlessly for a long time under contest conditions. Never a problem. Great product !!