Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | Learn CW Online Help

Reviews Summary for Learn CW Online
Learn CW Online Reviews: 18 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $FREE
Description: Online CW Course using Koch methods. Also have various training drills for Koch lessons, code groups, plain text, words, and QTC. Practice code is random and generated uniquely for each session. User can change change speed and tone of code.
More info: http://www.lcwo.net

You can write your own review of the Learn CW Online.

N4FBW Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2011 17:44 Send this review to a friend
Don't fear CW, use this site!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I found this site based on a friend's recommendation. I have been trying to increase my code speed and brush up on CW as I've been away from the hobby for a long time. This site is easy to use and makes studying CW a lot of fun. The site is also free and on-line which means no money spent on software and you can practice CW anywhere you have access to a web browser.

N3LZG Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2011 06:27 Send this review to a friend
No better way to learn  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This has to be one of the best methods of learning the code. Koch method training, to learn the characters. Additional training for words, callsigns and code groups to improve on speed. Progress is tracked and recorded, so you can see how you're improving.

Got my General and 13wpm by the skin of my teeth in 1992. Since then, I forgot most of it. LCWO has since helped me regain and improve my code speed/proficiency.

Even better is that it's free.

KD0LOU Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2011 10:15 Send this review to a friend
Excellent site!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The site has a lot of tools to help you improve or learn CW. Highly recommended!

TA2RX Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2010 22:51 Send this review to a friend
The best design on the subject  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
You can customize the learning style in whatever way you like. This site has got no comparison in this respect. You cannot customize any software, that I came accross upto now, in the ways that you can do at this site. In the past I had asked for some special customization capabilities to some software writers to no avail. At lcwo I did not even had to ask. Once I had mentioned my customization need at a HamFest to Fabian, the designer of the site, he incorporated it straightaway. Brilliant site. If you need to learn cw from scratch or improve your skills, IMHO this is ***THE*** best way to do it.

NI0C Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2010 07:40 Send this review to a friend
Not just for beginners!  Time owned: months
My son recently sent me a link to this great website. I found it to be a wonderful resource for anyone who wants to learn or improve their code skills.

Learn CW online has callsign practice, like the excellent RufzXP program, and also has drills involving random code groups, and words and sentences.

No matter how slow or fast your CW skills, there is something in this website for you!

Thanks to Fabian Kurtz, DJ1YFK, for this gift to the amateur radio CW community.

SV2HWR Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2010 11:43 Send this review to a friend
FB!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Its a superb website that you can easily learn cw! congrats Fab!

VK4TJF Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2009 03:18 Send this review to a friend
great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
great website, one of the best ways to learn morse code. offers many ways of learning and practicing the code. again excellent website check it out for yourself!

W1KBX Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2009 05:40 Send this review to a friend
Great way to learn or improve CW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been struggling with CW for years. I passed the 5wpm General test several years ago but never gained any more speed. I recently found the Learn CW Online web site and began using their training methods and I am amazed at my progress. Soon I hope to be copying the 20wpm guys. This website is totally addictive and excellent way to increase CW speeds.

Also, I must give a plug to CodeQuick, which was the only method that worked for me to get to the initial 5wpm speeds. I still use the CodeQuick methodology at higher speeds.