Reviews Categories | Microphones | Turner by Telex RK56 (Roadking 56) Help

Reviews Summary for Turner by Telex RK56 (Roadking 56)
Turner by Telex RK56 (Roadking 56) Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $40
Description: The Road-King 56 (RK-56) Dynamic Microphone has been on the
road since the interstate was built. Celebrating its 50th
year, this rugged CB microphone is best-in-class. Its noise-
canceling design and excellent voice response
characteristics makes it particularly effective for use in
noisy locations.

The RK-56 uses a dynamic, differential type cartridge which
discriminates against sounds greater than -inch (12 mm)
away. A non-marking lip guard assures proper microphone-to-
mouth positioning. Best noise cancellation is achieved with
the edge of the lip guard just touching the upper lip. The
push-to talk switch is located on the top of the microphone
housing. The RK-56 is equipped with a six-conductor, black-
coiled cord which is relieved at the microphone housing by a
telephone type strain relief grommet. The cord may be wired
for either relay or electronic switching.
More info: http://www.telex.com/CBMicrophone/product.aspx?MarketID=3&CategoryID=17&ProductID=102

You can write your own review of the Turner by Telex RK56 (Roadking 56).

KC0GSB Rating: 4/5 Mar 14, 2010 19:28 Send this review to a friend
A good sounding handheld  Time owned: more than 12 months
Works well with my mobile rig. Reports are always good and many remark how natural it sounds. It drives the radio well with the mic gain anywhere between 1 o'clock and maximum. I own two of them so I must like them. So why not give it a 5 then? Well, in my opinion, it lacks the necessary punch needed when my signal is very weak. My amplified Astatic (model RD-104E) out performs the Turner in this important aspect. On several occasions, due to distance, my weak signal could not be heard with the Turner, but was heard with the Astatic. But, with an average or better signal , I'm told the Turner sounds more like me than the Astatic does. Still, the object is to communicate and my Turner won't do this under very bad conditions. It is however, a very good microphone and I use it most of the time with my mobile. The Astatic stays in the console in case I need it.

KC0GLA Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2009 10:02 Send this review to a friend
Great Audio and Feel  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been trying to find a noise canceling microphone for my TT OmniVII for a while now. I wanted to have the audio clarity of a desk mic with the noise removal of a noise canceling.

I tried an Astatic 636L and it was slightly tinny sounding even though not bad sounding. The difference was very noticeably better on the RK56. Very clear audio and the mic fits my hand well and the spring tension on the PTT button is just right that my fingers do not get tired. Also it has the button on the correct side for American vehicles.

I finally found a microphone that works well and does not take up desk room when not in use. Not to mention that it does not pick up all of your shack noise which is a must when using a compressor.

Until Ten-Tech decides to install a noise gate in the radio firmware this is my best solution.