Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | DV-Dongle Help

Reviews Summary for DV-Dongle
DV-Dongle Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $199.00
Description: A USB peripheral that allows a PC/MAC to use the D-star digital voice/repeater/gateway system.

You can write your own review of the DV-Dongle.

KK9H Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2010 09:12 Send this review to a friend
Neat gadget  Time owned: more than 12 months
My local ham club was among the earliest in my area to install a D-Star repeater and I have enjoyed using it with friends. When my wife and I travel, we take a laptop with us so the DV Dongle was a natural gadget to get for it, especially when we go somewhere that has no local D-Star repeater available. I use a small Logitech headset which works great and I can easily keep in touch with my friends back at the home repeater. The DV Dongle is perfect for anyone who would like to give D-Star a try who may not have a repeater in the area or to take with you when you travel. It really is a neat little gadget.

K4EB Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2009 16:48 Send this review to a friend
very enjoyable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Travelling the way I do.which is constantly.I have enjoyed the dv dongle and D-star.With Mark ,KJ4VO at HRO helping me walk through a few minor problems,mostly through my error,I am able to have very nice QSO,s where otherwise I would be staring at the boob tube in my hotel rooms.I realize that some people might say that it isn't ham radio,but I disagree,HAM radio is communicating with other fellow hams,no matter what the medium.Don't get me wrong,I love HF,always have and always will.I am an avid dxer with all the latest and greatest gear.But I still enjoy D-star!
You will experience some digital weirdness,dependent on internet connection issues,but for the most part the transmissions are crystal clear.

Anyway,I highly recommend any body trying this new mode,it is a very inexpensive way to enjoy communication with other fellow hams.Especially for those who have a technician license.

73 and thanks for reading

Larry K4EB

W7RJR Rating: 4/5 Jul 23, 2009 16:00 Send this review to a friend
Update  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
With the help of Robin AA4RC and Mark at the Atlanta HRO store I have been finally able to get registered on the D-Star network. Registration is a very frustrating experience.

Once registered the DV-Dongle works as advertised.