Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Radio Shack Pro-160 Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Shack Pro-160
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $149.00
Description: Base/Mobile Scanner
More info: http://Radio Shack.com

You can write your own review of the Radio Shack Pro-160.

N2ZUL Rating: 5/5 Feb 12, 2010 16:09 Send this review to a friend
Nice Base scanner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've had many scanners over the years. I always wanted a base scanner and I heard this one was on closeout after only a year. The display is nice and large with one of the lines being larger than the rest. I have read it is larger and heavier than most base/mobiles but this doesn't bother me. It does scan quite fast compared to my pro-95 (currently own) and others I've had in the past such as a pro-2055, pro-43 and a pro-2026. This is also the first scanner I have had with a "real" antenna (not a duckie) it is the famed RS 20-176 at 21 feet so I hear things I didn't know I would be able to.

So if you can find one, pick it up! you won't be disappointed

QUIKSILVIA Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2009 16:10 Send this review to a friend
great scanner for the money  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
as stated by the other guy, got mine on clearance for 100$, but the new version is a pro 163 and 164, one is the handheld version. great scanner, a lot of the main menu items that you would need to access during mobile use are very quick to pull up, have a $20 hustler mrm and it sounds great

LUV2DRIVE Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2009 06:21 Send this review to a friend
Excellent scanner  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Greatly improved from PRO-433 . Large readout screen is a positive as is alpha-numeric feature. Now on close-out price of$99.97 and not at every store but at website.