Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Ameritron SPS-75MV Help

Reviews Summary for Ameritron SPS-75MV
Ameritron SPS-75MV Reviews: 5 Average rating: 0.8/5 MSRP: $399.99
Description: 75 Amp Switching Power Supply 4-16 Volt
More info: http://www.ameritron.com/Product.php?productid=SPS-75MV

You can write your own review of the Ameritron SPS-75MV.

HL5ZEE Rating: 2/5 Mar 30, 2017 17:22 Send this review to a friend
Lights Out / Voltage Issue  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had my first SPS-75MV for about two years when the 1st problem arose. Both lights on the voltage and current display went out about the same time. The next issue was a strange noise which then turned into the voltage actually jumping up and down and making the supply unusable.

I then rashly just ordered another one with the intention of getting the first one fixed and selling it on. I'm now about 2 years down the line with the second one and the lights went out about 3 months ago. I'm just hoping history isn't going to repeat itself.

Until I saw these reviews, I've never really thought about the supply causing noise but will now check that out as noise levels are quite high on some bands but I put that down to my living in an apartment building.

I wouldn't buy a third!

K0LTD Rating: 2/5 Jun 15, 2014 18:02 Send this review to a friend
fixed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I too bought this one and on 40 and 75 meters the noise from power supply raised my noise level to S-10 and noise was as I could not hear anyone.. but not across the whole band , just in spots.. A friend told me to run 1/4 wave length of wire to the neg. post.. So I ran the 16ga wire for 80 and 40 around the ceiling of my ham shack. low and behold,, all noise is now gone and my noise level is back to s4..One should not have to do this, but I did and it worked.. by the way the 2 1/4 wave wires are held up by thumb tacks in corner of ceiling and around floor.. hope this info help[s .

WD8DBY Rating: 0/5 Oct 24, 2013 14:33 Send this review to a friend
Not worth the money  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This power supply voltage control introduces SIGNIFICANT noise into the receiver. I have to continuously tweak the voltage output adjustment to try to hush the noise it introduces. Do not buy this power supply.

N5XED Rating: 0/5 Aug 4, 2013 08:34 Send this review to a friend
Junk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Almost unusable for amateur use due all the noise it generates.

K6RJP Rating: 0/5 May 2, 2010 12:06 Send this review to a friend
Followup on my first report  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a followup on my first eHam report on the SPS-75MV. After two bad SPS-75MV units directly from MFJ I told them to ship me the fixed voltage MFJ-4175 75 amp supply. They did and it has worked flawlessly. Conclusion, Do NOT buy the SPS-75MV, instead buy the MFJ-4175 if you need 75 amps.