Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Acom LS86 Log Periodic Help

Reviews Summary for Acom LS86 Log Periodic
Acom LS86 Log Periodic Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Euro 795
Description: 8-element HF log-periodic antenna.

You can write your own review of the Acom LS86 Log Periodic.

N4CW Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2016 13:57 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I inherited my LS-86 from a friend's widow after he passed away. I got it up in the air and in use for a couple years before the plastic insulators started breaking due to the effects of UV on plastic. I contacted Acom in Bulgaria and they were aware of the problem and promptly shipped me a new set of redesigned insulators at no cost to me!
Last year a neighbor's tree fell on one of my guy wires folding the tower over and smashing my LS-86. I managed to salvage most of the antenna but couldn't find metric-sized tubing in the US to replace the damaged boom section.
No joy from stateside Acom distributors, so I turned to Acom Bulgaria...quick response and fair prices (including reasonable shipping charges)! My parts/tubing are on order.
I haven't completed my repairs, but as soon as I do, I'll append this write-up. I just had to give a well=deserved "attaboy" to Acom for great service on a super antenna.
VA3PWC Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2011 15:56 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had a great experience with this 8 elements Log Periodic antenna. Actually my first experience was in 2006 (WRTC in Brazil) when PP5EG brought 50 antennas like that to make this event. This antenna is perfect for those who want to have an outstanding performance from 14 Mhz to 30 Mhz. This antenna also works on 30 and 6 meters (if you use the tunner). Very light antenna, only 6 meters long-boom, all coverage with SWR 1:1.5 all bands without any problem or external antenna tuner. Now I do have 2 of them, and what I can tell you is this antenna is one of the best antenna ever made. I used to use the Mosley PRO 67 Yagi that is also a amazing antenna and also some QUAD and others Cushcraft tri-bander antennas, but so far this LS86 is much better comparing with those.
If you have a chance to get one.. Go get it. You won´t regret. 73 Rick PY2EL also VA3PWC